Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are a dynamo - a very caring one... :) It might take a while to balance a new pattern in your life, might it? Your routine will be all over the place...
Ahh....Thank you susikav! It won't be every day I have to eat earlier and 1st of March I return to my main receptionist job at the holiday centre, will still be kept as relief at the homeless centre though

Reactions: 8 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Ok, I admit, I was NAUGHTY too - had 2 shortbread biscuits post lunch :hungry: - I had planned on one only but they were the last two in the tin from Xmas and I didn't want to leave that last one lonely......:sorry:
Sable Jan I knew you had naughtiness in you.Your caring nature led you to it....LOOOLL!!

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Rice, spuds and cake all in one meal? Tut tut. I know from experience I can only manage one portion of major carbs at a time. That was why I was very high after lunch yesterday - I mixed spuds with bread. One or the other I handle well, both together is a no-no.
I think the Chicken neutralised or slowed things down, the rice was Basmati and the small potatoes were new potatoes...Just all round i feel sharper these days...definitely think the 30 minutes toning in the gym has made things a lot better...

Reactions: 6 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Thank you @beatdise I'd love to take credit for the good figures but I was lucky being diagnosed early enough to have only just gone into prediabetic range last year because of my high BP. I have worked at getting back to normal range but lucky that my body seems to be bouncing back without too much damage with only having had higher bs levels for a short while..... Still astounded at your great results - I was floating for days when I got my HbA1c back as 39 so you must still be on cloud 9......:joyful::joyful:
Thanks @Sable_Jan I have been floating you are spot on. from 86 even my nurse said last week I guess you will be about 58 and when it was 38 I was GabberFlasted...not flabbergasted...because there isnt a word for it...but all i did was follow the advice that people like you and Andrew Colvin and Blutit have given me. I only lost 1 and half stone in weight but that has made all the difference. I have been lucky my BP has always been good. As for taking credit your modesty is getting the better of you...you still have had to manage, just as I have..allow yourself that...yes of course the body has to be able to respond but you have to do something different to get and sustain the change. YOU DESERVE IT!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope. I'm still using the Next Contour meter supplied by the hospital. To my knowledge I've not had any problems in the year I've been using it. For economy reasons I should go over to the Codefree (the last pot of Contour strips I had to buy while away at Christmas cost a whooping £27.50)
Have you tried looking at eBay - I use an Accuchek Nano and find that I can get the strips for half the price of getting them from a chemist

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

@Sable_Jan
Glad to say no rice just:
Chicken, mushrooms, red sweet pepper, red onion, garlic, cabbage olive oil.
My tea was made coffee mate. :)
Well I liked the post but I doubt I'd like tea with coffee mate :yuck:;) I use soya milk these days - seemed a little strange at first especially using more of it to get the same "colour" but find I can switch easily between milks and not notice any difference in taste (it probably does but my taste buds are used to either milk now). Means I can have cocoa and latte with impunity now :joyful::joyful:

Last edited:

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
"meths week" lol, some kind of substance abuse issue going on here ? lol :D Or is it those hyperglycaemic meter melting readings making you delirious ? rofl :p

Yup, if only Eddie! Bloomin' predictive text...I give up!

Forgot to say I got a nice surprise yesterday as I had a delivery of a Contour Next USB free from lovely Bayer, despite having apparently applied for it after the closing date :) :) *sigh* I'm so easily pleased!

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks @Sable_Jan I have been floating you are spot on. from 86 even my nurse said last week I guess you will be about 58 and when it was 38 I was GabberFlasted...not flabbergasted...because there isnt a word for it...but all i did was follow the advice that people like you and Andrew Colvin and Blutit have given me. I only lost 1 and half stone in weight but that has made all the difference. I have been lucky my BP has always been good. As for taking credit your modesty is getting the better of you...you still have had to manage, just as I have..allow yourself that...yes of course the body has to be able to respond but you have to do something different to get and sustain the change. YOU DESERVE IT!

Reactions: 4 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning, slept in....well it is Sunday. 6.6 this morning which I was kind of expecting. My day yesterday was spent in the 6's. I think my sniffles did not help.

Last night we went out for dinner, I had Black Angus Rib Eye Steak with a mushroom sauce with sweet potato chips and a side salad. Those sweet potato chips were so good, but I made sure I did not eat them all. Then the table ordered desserts. I, of course, did not. However, when they came I had two teaspoons of dark chocolate fondant and one teaspoon of my husbands apple pie. Man that apple pie was sooo good, but I resisted more than the 1 teaspoon. Pre-dinner I was 6.2 and 2hours later 6.3. Oh and my husband got me a glass of wine, a little sweeter than normal and I was a bit concerned about it, but I drank it anyway.

I thought I had been a tad naughty last night, but when I look back now I really wasn't. We have to live life and everything in moderation occasionally is okay. Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

Reactions: 23 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Disappointing 5.8 this morning, however ate small portion of home made stir fried vegetable chicken and a cup of Pg tips 10 minutes before bed.
Got home very late and did not do any exercise.
Still good though... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yup, if only Eddie! Bloomin' predictive text...I give up!

Forgot to say I got a nice surprise yesterday as I had a delivery of a Contour Next USB free from lovely Bayer, despite having apparently applied for it after the closing date :) :) *sigh* I'm so easily pleased!
Hah! Bravo... we are all easily pleased love... check the posts that give readings under 6! ;)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2 this morning seams my chest doesn't like working at night. Another attack at 3:30am got lots of pillows and top of bed raised. Think docs will be looking at med again tomorrow :-|

Reactions: 16 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning. My first reading was a rather surprising 3.7 so another 2 tests at 4.3 and 4.4 and I have ignored the first one, then gone for the lower of the two, still a very good one for me anyway. Codefree batch ending 4056, which seems to have been pretty sound generally.

Maxwell

Reactions: 24 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this morning seams my chest doesn't like working at night. Another attack at 3:30am got lots of pillows and top of bed raised. Think docs will be looking at med again tomorrow :-|
Hoping you condition stabilises soon

Status
Not open for further replies.