non-invasive BG measurers!

yipster29

Hi
I'm interested in those 'gluco watches' for better way of describing it. The non-invasive BG measuring devices you wear as a watch and need a prescription for. I appreciate if it appears low or high you still need to finger prick but sounds a great idea for during the day at work.
Where I'm new to this and exercise most days I seem to be pricking my fingers up to 6 times a day much they're getting sore (even on minimum setting). I understand you need a prescription but before I pursue it I wondered if anyone else has one, what they think of it, did they have trouble getting it etc?
Any info would be gratefully received!
Thanks

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Gluco watch ,seems to have disappeared. It's a good idea, but very expensive and I believe not too reliable. You can still read up abpout it on google

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
I've looked everywhere for a glucowatch or glucoband.... Im sure you can't get them anymore, they prooved to be too inaccurate and expensive.

One day...

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Stuboy.

There is a device made by a Northants Company called a Hypoglycaemia Alarm. Retails at £69.95 inc P & P. Advertised on page 70 of this May 2009 Balance Magazine.
Here is a link to the Company website : www.lowbloodsugaralarms.com

Ken.

yipster29

Thanx guys.

I've since googled and yes was taken out of production couple yrs back with sensors being sold until last year.. oh well back to the drawing board :-(

Did see a post on another board re hypo alarm Ken mentions and checked out and that looks a good idea! Nighttime hypos are the scariest and I know I eat more before bed to avoid them so to feel a bit more comfortable not doing that would be great!

Cath
:D