High again after 18 years

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
Blood sugar 23 again today feel so **** about this again can't even be ***** to correct and don't even say it well get better with time.
went fo a eye scening on Friday I've got small bleed in both my eyes again !!!

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blood sugar 23 again today feel so **** about this again can't even be ***** to correct and don't even say it well get better with time.
went fo a eye scening on Friday I've got small bleed in both my eyes again !!!

Hello, hmmm, it sounds like your pretty low and with good reason it seems, but don't give in! You have to fight it! If you quit you lose by default, there's no up side to quitting.

You posted here which is good, maybe if you can share a bit more of your story people here will be able to offer some advice?

From the darkest places we shine our brightest.

Pick yourself up and fight,

"I may not win, but I'll be the best f*****g second you've ever seen!" John McVicar*

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
I am but I hide it real well ! Then bang I fip out . Then I'm ok for a bit then Bang! bigger ever time not good. I go to the gym 5 x a week eat well then this god dam thing kicks me in the balls again I've been to hell and back and just know how bad it will get !

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After such an effort you are entitled to feel like this, it isn't fair!

but please don't hit the self destruct button, you can only do your best, it sure sounds like you've been doing everything you can

Maybe it's a small tweek?

Your not the first and you won't be the last to go through this, you are not alone!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What do you mean by "flip out"? Perhaps we can help

Mike :)

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
After such an effort you are entitled to feel like this, it isn't fair!

but please don't hit the self destruct button, you can only do your best, it sure sounds like you've been doing everything you can

Maybe it's a small tweek?

Your not the first and you won't be the last to go through this, you are not alone!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I need the help x

Your hba1c I read was 6.7?

Whats happened since then?

You've been diabetic quite some while now, why is it becoming a struggle now?

Are you adjusting and testing and correcting? Once levels go above 12 they can need extra QA to normal dose for highs. Have you stuck to the normal correction factor rates ir given more?

gateian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok. I feel your frustration. However don't give up. Failure is the path to success and we've all been there.

There is a reason you are at 23 so think back and work out why. Its happened to me many times in the past and can something as simple as not realising what's in something I eat.

Keep learning. Each defeat brings you closer to your goal.

Reactions: 2 people

louisiv

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
What type of workouts are you doing in the gym?if they're really intense and push you too the max this could cause bloods to rocket after exercise and make you feel ****. Do you increase your insulin if you're doing intense workouts? When I started cycling I never realised certain forms of exercise can push blood sugars up, always thought it made it go down, anyway, just a thought, I'm new here by the way, hope you feel better soon

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Morethanmutts not been back since Jan so not a lot we can say or do until he lets us know whats happening....