Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Never posted yesterday, forgot and too busy, today-
Fasting 6.8 mmol/l
Dinner 6.9 mmol/l

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Australia Day Everyone......we are going out to lunch today. Saw the doctor yesterday as I needed a new script for my meds. She put me on the slow release kind, just taking two at night. It will be interesting to see what it does. Didn't get up till 10am and was 6.4.

Have a great day!

Reactions: 22 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.7 after a day of high readings for me yesterday, upto 8.0 at one stage, the cold that has been lurking has now come out with a vengeance, hopefully this goes some way to explain yesterday's readings.

We shall see, keep well everyone.

Reactions: 18 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.8 today restless night again ..unsure why I keep wake up I was such a heavy sleeper before I was diagnosed, do know I now have to go to the loo in the night so maybe that is why I wake up .....

Reactions: 14 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
4.8 :D yay new record low for me - must be the smaller portions and non-processed food lol. I did start a new tub on arrival here (same batch) but it's responded as expected in general so no reason to doubt the reading - and no I didn't retest to check ;)

Reactions: 26 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
F1.medium.gif
Margaret Thatcher as research scientist.

"All I need to do now is slip some of this into the Wets' coffee and they will be mine, mwahahaha ..."

Reactions: 11 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning everyone, and happy Australia day to those down under ! :)
7.0 mmol/l on the button. Have a nice day people :)

Reactions: 21 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 for me this morning... I am loving these wonderful lower readings... fingers crossed they continue :)

Happy Australia Day!

Reactions: 23 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Australia Day!:)

Hope everyone is enjoying all the festivities xx

Not checking my blood sugar today!!:)

@sanguine good job on the 4 ---better clock in the food you've eaten on the what have you eaten today thread :)

Reactions: 18 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, a 5.0 for me this morning. On the basis I've had a day or so of raised readings, and I'm now on a new tub and lot of strips, I didn't retest.

Whilst you may be thinking, "not too shabby", in context for me, last I saw anything with a leading 5 was on 27th February 2014, 3 months post-diagnosis. I'm possibly a bit underlying stressed, with all that's going on, but I've done all this before since diagnosis, without a blip in my scorers, so I'll just have to keep an eye on things. I ate later than normally last night, and I may have had some extra cauliflower, because it had to go, but I doubt that would account for the rises I've seen.

Oh well. It's recorded, and I'll test as normal and see how it all looks by the weekend, by which time I should be settling in the sunshine.

Have a good day playmates. It looks quite nice out there this morning.

Reactions: 21 people
Status
Not open for further replies.