Has anyone seen Lantus do this?

bhk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same here... Since 2 years lantus doesn't work with me; it has become totally unpredictable and creating a lot of lows... I switched to levemir yesterday; hopefully it will be better, but I am so frustrated at lantus. I was injecting in the fat, doing a rotation, injecting split doses, etc.... I would always be totally unpredictable and dangerous. I don't think that people should question their behaviour and say (what have I done wrong?); lantus is just BAD for some bodies. Hopefully levemir will be better...

Beaver Lee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for letting us know about this.
It sounds like you did everything you could to stop the hypos.
Hoping that life will be much easier for you now!
Please let us know how things go for you.
... And how the change-over goes too.
All the best
Beaver Lee

emilyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really interesting posts about Lantus. I use it but only have had one problem with it. One day I woke up with high readings 18 before breakfast and spend all day getting it down but the next day it was up again. It turned out that there was a tiny tear in the glass on the bottom of the cartridge it was in and that caused the insulin to not work anymore. Since then I always check to see whether the bottom of cartridge is ok but had to throw away at least another one due to cracks. I never had any problems with my Humalog cartridges. Has anybody else had this problem?