Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The game today has gone silly with me. After my bad start fasting at 6.2 with previous tub and consequently high before lunch, I've been in the 4's and 5's all day since after lunch, even at 1 hour testing. Most strange, but I do like this new tub I just opened. :)
I just hate seeing 6's - probably being pedantic but much prefer my 5's!! I have had random odd readings from this tub though, ends in 44 I think....will check as I'm off to test now....I know I haven't done anything different or been naughty though!

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The game today has gone silly with me. After my bad start fasting at 6.2 with previous tub and consequently high before lunch, I've been in the 4's and 5's all day since after lunch, even at 1 hour testing. Most strange, but I do like this new tub I just opened. :)

Is your new tub from the new batch ending 44?

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, another yucky 4.8 for me this morning. I actually retested it this morning as I had thought last night I might be making some progress. Last night I was 4.7 before dinner (more acceptable as postprandial reading, for me), then 4.1 after. The postprandial reading was about right for “my usual” for this sort of meal; spiced chicken breast, with salad, dressing and a few croutons. Of course, the 4.1 could have been rogue, but I didn't retest that one.

But, this morning, back up to 4.8, so I’m hoping this is just a sign I’m not at my most relaxed, but that should be clearer within a few days, once I’m settled into the other end. I've done this trip and the reverse, a few times since diagnosis, and didn't miss a beat, in terms of readings, but hey ho,

So, today will be airline food. I said after last time I wouldn’t order a diabetic meal, but I have relented. Of course, it will be old styleeeee “Healthy Plate” based, but probably marginally better than the mainstream meal. As I’m travelling on my own, being served early doesn’t feel quite so bad, although I won’t be able to start eating until my neighbours are served, so here’s hoping the flight isn’t full!

Next time I check in my fasting level, I will looking out onto the deep blue, tropical waters. I can’t wait to feel the sand between my toes and the warm breeze in my hair, and I can’t wait to see my OH. I think he can’t wait to get his hands on a couple things I have in my bags!! Such is life. ;)

Have a good day playmates, and see you on the other side. :D

:cool: <<<<< Me, in my shades, just so you'll recognise me. ;)

Happy landings @AndBreathe Missing you already......!:)

Reactions: 4 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.5 normal fasting for me, still got the shivers, not decided if I will go to work today, may decide to stay at home and try to get rid of whatever I have.

Will try some breakfast and see how I feel.

Have a super day everyone.

Reactions: 13 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just done 3 tests, 6.2, 6.3, 6.6???!!!
Bedtime was 5.5, in my range. All my tubs are the same batch, I have three left. My room is the coldest in the house overnight so may just test with a new tub from out of the kitchen cupboard!
These randoms of course totally screw up my averages for 7, 14 and 30 days, which irritates me badly!!

Reactions: 13 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.4 This morning hope its only Dads cake last night that's spiked me and not infection levels. Will get bloodand xray results later. A bit chesty this morning think that's weather changing again

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just done 3 tests, 6.2, 6.3, 6.6???!!!
Bedtime was 5.5, in my range. All my tubs are the same batch, I have three left. My room is the coldest in the house overnight so may just test with a new tub from out of the kitchen cupboard!
These randoms of course totally screw up my averages for 7, 14 and 30 days, which irritates me badly!!
Well..warmer tub from kitchen and 5.7!!

Reactions: 12 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
At that price I'll stick to my normal testing :eek:
If your situation is that you cannot get your regular HbA1c test and you can use the entire 10 pack in the time limit then this could be viable.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At that price I'll stick to my normal testing :eek:

Jan - The tests have a strict expiry date on them. When you receive the test kit, in includes a little "meter", which I understand controls the "expiry". The tests I received had about 12 months on them, when I received them, but my circumstances mean it made sense to use them before I relocate again. The unused tests have to be refrigerated, then left to reach ambient temperature before use.

The way the tests work, if I had someone I trusted to "play fair", the tests could be shared, by post. The "meter" gives a reading, but doesn't hold any history, dates or anything else, so sharing wouldn't mess any averages or whatever.

Whilst the tests didn't return exactly the same numbers as my venous blood HbA1cs, they did have a consistent differential that I was content to accept to track.

Ideally, we could have tests on demand, but hey ho. We have to live in the real world.

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 for me this morning....

I was going to change my meter for one with cheaper strips.. but I think I stick to the one I have rather than join the 'Dodgy strip club' that some of you belong to :):p

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 for me this morning....

I was going to change my meter for one with cheaper strips.. but I think I stick to the one I have rather than join the 'Dodgy strip club' that some of you belong to :):p
Hi Kezzer what meter and strips do you use i have got a avia nano meter avia strips made by accu check. It seems ok, got it from the hospital and strips are on repeat from GP

Reactions: 4 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jan - The tests have a strict expiry date on them. When you receive the test kit, in includes a little "meter", which I understand controls the "expiry". The tests I received had about 12 months on them, when I received them, but my circumstances mean it made sense to use them before I relocate again. The unused tests have to be refrigerated, then left to reach ambient temperature before use.

The way the tests work, if I had someone I trusted to "play fair", the tests could be shared, by post. The "meter" gives a reading, but doesn't hold any history, dates or anything else, so sharing wouldn't mess any averages or whatever.

Whilst the tests didn't return exactly the same numbers as my venous blood HbA1cs, they did have a consistent differential that I was content to accept to track.

Ideally, we could have tests on demand, but hey ho. We have to live in the real world.
@AndBreathe are you using the WiFi in the plane?

5.5 which is pretty good :) I had rice, pineapple and bananas yesterday :) I'm trying to gain weight.

Reactions: 15 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your situation is that you cannot get your regular HbA1c test and you can use the entire 10 pack in the time limit then this could be viable.

My surgery in Anerley sees me as a number, a mere statistic.

I have to wait a whole nine months to find out whether I'm controlling my condition or whether I'm building up credits for Diabetic Complications.

I have to invest in this home test kit.

Reactions: 9 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.2 this morning, consistent with yesterday's 4.8. Maybe I should stay in Africa and get up early every day.

Insane 4.2 preprandial last night, had salad, steak and just a few chips which took me to 6.1.

Heading back to Abidjan later today to fly out tonight.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.