Badly bruised.

erroneous

I fell on my face on monday after a very bad hypoglyceamia at work. I was rushed to A&E covered in blood. I look like Rocky Balboa after a fight at the moment. And i feel awful.
So i just wondered if any of you knew about a product that helps healing and prevent my beautiful scars from being too visible.
Thanx,
emilie.

C

catherinecherub

Hi emilie,
Sorry to hear about your recent injuries. :( :(
I have always found that witch hazel works well, soak some cotton wool in it and keep dabbing it on as many times as you like. It is not expensive.
One of my boys had a burn and it really helped.

Hope this helps,
Catherine.

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would go for arnica - not sure if cream is ok for face but the tablets are useful too.

Sorry you have had such an awful experience.

Louise

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I've had similar damage from horrible hypos in the past, end up looking like an extra from the set of Apocalypse Now :shock:. At one point I had two full-thickness lacerations on my forehead, each about two inches long. They healed but the scars remain, and I've used Aloe Vera gel on them every day since. The results are amazing, so there's yet another option for you!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
......and for scars, there is something called bio-oil. it's quite expensive and it has to be used regularly. No idea if it works though.

wiflib

erroneous

Ok...thanx everybody...my boyfriend just got me some arnica cream and cocoa butter with vitamin E. I feel like it's gonna take AGES for me to allow myself out of this flat so that i don't scare the little children!!! :)
Pity is i was finally starting to get myself together. Now i don't know. Last time i banged my head somewhere my BG level was very high for a few months.
Bit depressed.
But thanx for all your advices.

yipster29

My other half came off his motorbike few years ago and very badly cut, aloe vera was great.

Hope you're better soon :(

erroneous

Ta yipster...i'm turning yellow-purple-ish by now...the cocoa butter with vitamin E seems to accelerate the healing process. I'm still scary but....colourful!!! :D

erroneous

Coming for news! My face is only pink by now...boooooring :D
I went to see the doctor for my nose today and it definately is broken..but getting better. I actually broke it a second time with my boyfriend when we tried to kiss three days ago and headbutted eachother...ouch that was painful. Poor thing...he felt bad about it.
Otherwise...i'm scared to go out alone in the street. I feel like i can fall down anytime anywhere. I went back to work today and saw the chef ( i work in a pub) who called 999 for me and he told me i had a seizure, stayed shaky and unconscious for 5 minutes on the floor. Then i "woke up" and ran away. He caught me like....200 meters from where i work. I have no memories at all and think i could have been hitten by a bus... That really scared the **** out of me.
So...getting better...but i'd love to escape from all of that and go on holidays :)
Voila!

yipster29

Glad you're on the mend and have returned to a boring colour... but CRIKEY!... you don't wanna go pulling stunts like that too often!!
Diabetic life can be a little too eventful at times me thinks :?

Cath
xx

thedriver

wiflib said:
......and for scars, there is something called bio-oil. it's quite expensive and it has to be used regularly. No idea if it works though.

wiflib

It is good stuff, it does work, but it cant perform miracles.

Cheaper alternative is rescue oil.

Both sold in home bargins...bio oil about £5 rescue oil £2