chrisdoh1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Anything velvet, mushrooms.
Hi,

Quick back story, 32 year old male, not over weight, been diagnosed with type 2, 2 years ago, been on metformin since then. I read that taking metformin lowers your B12 levels? does anyone take any vitamins to supplement this and or any vitamins that help with diabetes.

I have an appt with the nurse on Tuesday (3/2/15) and had my bloods taken last week, I logged into my online account and can see my results, the HbA1c levels are 67% mmol/mol or 8.3% DCCT.

This is down a little on my last set of results which were 78% mmol/mol or 9.3% DCCT.

I am a bit worried that I'll end up on insulin soon as every doc/nurse says I am not the typical type 2 patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, it might be that you should worry about not being put on insulin? Normal weight and young age sounds like you are a possible LADA.

Reactions: 2 people

chrisdoh1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi, it might be that you should worry about not being put on insulin? Normal weight and young age sounds like you are a possible LADA.
Yeah that's true, maybe I need to go it! I'll see what the nurse has to say, hopefully I get sorted one way or another

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I test my blood every so often, usually if I feel a bit yucky to see if my levels are high or low and sort them out accordingly

You could get those levels right down if you start testing before and 2 hours after meals. This will tell you if you are eating the wrong things. A rise of above 2mmol/l means there are too many carbs in that meal. (Most of us prefer the rise to be a lot less than 2mmol/l) Give it a try for your next few meals and post the results here if you wish. Maybe we can spot a few things.

Reactions: 4 people

chrisdoh1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You could get those levels right down if you start testing before and 2 hours after meals. This will tell you if you are eating the wrong things. A rise of above 2mmol/l means there are too many carbs in that meal. (Most of us prefer the rise to be a lot less than 2mmol/l) Give it a try for your next few meals and post the results here if you wish. Maybe we can spot a few things.

Thank you that's a good idea, i'll start to do that

Reactions: 2 people

chrisdoh1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well that's me been put on Gliclazide 80mg, to be taken with my morning metformin.