LCHF weight gain

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
Hi guys just done my 4 week weigh in and I've gained 2.7lb I haven't done anything wrong or cheated. I'm so ****** off as this is makes no sense

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's probably just a blip then. Take no notice of it and carry on as you were. :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Fewer portions, more exercise ... try that ... 2.7 lbs is not much and yes, it may be a blip. Keep on

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I only eat the minimum really and I run 4 miles per day

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Heck ..... then I have no idea. Perhaps it will drop off but it might take time. Are you snacking?

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have a few peanuts at night but that's it really

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I found the first three months there was quite a bit of up and down but long term it's down.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope so as I do see this as my last hope really

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hardly ..... you are rushing again :) Consistency in what you're doing will pay off in the long run.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
It could be that your not eating enough. But also it could be that you ARE losing fat, but gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Have you found your clothes are looser?

Reactions: 2 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes they do feel smaller a bit. Problem is I don't know if I eat too much or not enough. It's not that clear how much. And it's hard to eat a lot of fat I find

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
.... so back to the question .... what are your meal sizes?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you shouldnt be pushing yourself to eat a lot of fat.
You should be eating enough to not be hungry.
stop when you are full.

you seem to stress about the rules. but really, if you are doing that then you are making it way too complicated.

eat low carb foods.
drink plenty of water.
exercise to a level that works for you.
replace the carbs with enough fat that you don't feel hungry, craving or distracted.
sprinkle salt on food or drink broth once a day.
chill.

You may be on this for life, so stressing about a pound here or there is totally pointless.
weigh yourself once a month and
STOP WORRITING

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
.... so back to the question .... what are your meal sizes?
Not big at all and I follow what the Book states eat till your full. It's a dam sight less now than what I used to eat

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
.... i think you are worrying needlessly. There are "ups and downs" and again, you're thinking the short rather than the long game.

This is NOT won in 5 minutes. If there was an easy way out (and IF it worked) someone would have posted it. Settle back, stick to the plan and it will all work out. In other words, chill as Brunn suggested :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not big at all and I follow what the Book states eat till your full. It's a dam sight less now than what I used to eat
I had similar difficulty when I first tried LCHF. gained almost a stone in 3 weeks. Probably took too literally the 'eat until you have had enough, or until full'. I am not sure that advice works for everyone.

Instead, when I am not using Newcastle diet methods, I limit the amount of high calorie fats such as cheese, butter, cream, and just make sure I keep carbs to a minimum, eat fresh food, no bread, potatoes, pasta rice or beer, never eat sugary foods either, making sure that dairy ( yogurts etc) is full fat. This is my own version of a low carb diet with enough fat. Doesn't adhere to the principles most LCHF advocates like, but suits me.

When I was gaining weight with LCHF it was probably due to overeating things like nuts and cheese. They are calorie dense.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had similar difficulty when I first tried LCHF. gained almost a stone in 3 weeks. Probably took too literally the 'eat until you have had enough, or until full'. I am not sure that advice works for everyone.

Instead, when I am not using Newcastle diet methods, I limit the amount of high calorie fats such as cheese, butter, cream, and just make sure I keep carbs to a minimum, eat fresh food, no bread, potatoes, pasta rice or beer, never eat sugary foods either, making sure that dairy ( yogurts etc) is full fat. This is my own version of a low carb diet with enough fat. Doesn't adhere to the principles most LCHF advocates like, but suits me.

When I was gaining weight with LCHF it was probably due to overeating things like nuts and cheese. They are calorie dense.
This is what I'm thriving why eat so much fat if I don't feel I need it.

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps you are not spotting the "full" signs. Why not keep a food diary and post here for further advice. It's difficult to advise when you are slightly vague on what you actually eat and how much.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe worth trying weighing yourself more often, once a week say rather than once a month. I know I can vary up to a kilo either way so I tend to look at the overall trend rather than absolutes, Time of day, time of month (particularly for us females), what you wear, when you last had something to eat, something to drink or even went to the loo can all make a difference, even a different set of scales or a different flooring can change things.

Hopefully it will have gone down next time.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Perhaps you are not spotting the "full" signs. Why not keep a food diary and post here for further advice. It's difficult to advise when you are slightly vague on what you actually eat and how much.
Average day would be Greek yogurt for breakfast or noting if I'm not hungry. Lunch 3 slices of streaky bacon and 1 fried egg. Dinner steak or pork chop with egg and mushrooms sautéed in butter and maybe some peanuts later if I'm Pekish