Sweaty nights with a cold?

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i am on the medication shown, and have had a cold for over a week, and the last few nights have started waking drenched in sweat which makes it hard to get back to sleep again. Is this normal when you get something like a cold?
I do not normally eat anything in an evening, just have a bedtime hot drink (roobos tea).

C

catherinecherub

I don't know how long you have been on Forxigia but one of the side effects is sweating.
Could be the cold affecting you? There are some virus about at the moment that other members have reported.
I will bump your post up to see if anyone else can help.

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. Did not know that sweating was side effect for Forxigia. Been on them a month. Already suffering from a couple of other side effects from these tablets (occasional constipation and now thrush!) but GP wants me to continue with them for longer.
Hoping that someone else can comment!

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. Did not know that sweating was side effect for Forxigia. Been on them a month. Already suffering from a couple of other side effects from these tablets (occasional constipation and now thrush!) but GP wants me to continue with them for longer.
Hoping that someone else can comment!

I've been on Forxiga just over a month and Ive been even more hot and sweaty than usual but I just put it down to my age! :oops: I didn't realise it's a side effect of this new medication.

I do drinks lots more water and ocean spray cranberry light juice, it's very low in sugar... this should help with thrush.

Have you noticed any positive changes since you've started Forxiga?

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have lost a couple of pounds in weight already, but having been trying to be low carb as well! But the side effects are annoying me now. Certainly I am past the age of being hot and sweaty! But finding that some nights difficult as so sweaty (and my cold has gone) and therefore sleep disturbed.

Beezee

I'm on Forxiga too, but I've suffered the hot nights thing longer than I've been on that, so I can't blame the medication! I put it down to some sort of sugar rush in the small hours.
What I do (because my doctor wasn't interested when I explained the problem) is sleep with a very small electric fan blowing a little cold air on my face. The rest of my body is snugged under the duvet with a hot water bottle for my feet. I've found that just that little bit of cold air staves off the sweaty moments!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only just seen this topic! I started on forxiga late June as I couldn't tolerate metformin. I got on great with it, one minor bout of thrush but then no more. Within 18 weeks, combined with strict lchf I had reduced my hba1c to 38 and lost 3 1/2 stone, (now 4 1/2 ). I went to my GP in December after endless sleepless nights where I woke really hot and heart racing. He said either diabetes, hormonal or anxiety, most likely diabetes ! He did say I could be going to low during the night, but I'd been testing and mid 5's. He then said to finish my current packet then stop taking meds due to my hba1c being non - diabetic at 38. I've not taken meds since mid January but still having the sudden waking up feeling so hot and my heart racing!