Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That has been entered by an American member by the looks of things as they tend to measure in cup sizes or ounces whereas we measure in grams mostly. Maybe American eggs are twice the size, like a lot of other things American! ;););)

Reactions: 2 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I egg has about 70 calories. You have entered 2 servings of 1 cup each. That would be about 8 eggs I think.

Reactions: 8 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to everyone for such kind thoughts. See you all soon xx
Been offline Alliebee and so sorry to see you are having pain. I cannot imagine how it must be making you feel. I will send out lots of prayers and positive energy that you will feel relief soon. xx

Reactions: 13 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
A fine 5.7

Reactions: 19 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
9.4 this am after a 7 yesterday only thing I had different was some blueberries and ice cream after my tea

Reactions: 9 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do be very careful using the data supplied on MFP as far as nutrients are concerned. They are all member submitted and rarely accurate, especially as most of the entries are from across the sea with different ways of labelling things and different methods of food production. I find it best (and easy enough) to add my own foods using data from the food labels, the internet, or Carbs & Cals. The Tesco website is excellent for this as they detail the nutrients of the items they sell.

Carbs & Cals has a 60g hard boiled egg as 88 calories, 8 protein, 6 fat, no carbs or fibre. I trust this book over and above MFP entries.
Exactly @bluetit- no way is 2 boiled eggs over 400 cals!

Reactions: 9 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning- I'm very fine with that on another frozen morning here!! Obviously keeping my strips under the duvet over night stops the random 6!!
1st of feb- so glad to see January gone, onwards now and one month today I will be back on reception at the holiday centre, still doing my relief shifts at the homeless lodge and plan to do the odd one when back too when I can, it's a slow start until easter, post easter it calms down again then takes of spring bank, keeps me busy!!
Date afternoon/evening later.....could be interesting! !
OOPS....just realised it's NOT actually 1st Feb until TOMORROW!! senior moment??!! Silly me!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. I tested as soon as I woke up in middle of nightmare and it was 6.6 then retested after five minutes relaxation techniques so it shows what stress hormones can do. Now if anyone can tell me how to make sure I can always dial 999 in my dreams I'll be fine.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.4...weight falling off me....nearer 175llbs now WOW! Its like magic...not even difficult...

Reactions: 23 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.7 out of my standard 5's this morning , totally understandable, had our usual family Friday gathering , vodka was involved.

Now to clear the snow from drive and settle in for an afternoon of footie watching.

Have a great weekend everyone, keep warm , keep safe and keep those numbers down.

Reactions: 20 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in a mess this morning and don't know what the devil to record on my personal data sheet :banghead:

Before 7pm last night I had a salmon salad with 12g carbs, which is my normal Friday tea. Nothing different.
Before tea 5.3
After an hour I was 6.3, then 6.6 for the next 3 hours on my Codefree.
Every other Friday for a long time I haven't been out of the 5's
Shrugged shoulders and recorded the 6.6's
Bedtime I was 6.2. Tested on Accuchek and was 5.5
Normal average is 5.4 for many months
This morning I was 6.3/6.2/5.7/6.0 on batch 44. On accuchek I was 5.3.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::***::eek:

Reactions: 14 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
BT :)

No big deal ... and deep down, you know that do you not? Heed you own VERY good advice ...... you are on top of this :)

My best

Mike

Reactions: 16 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Hmmmm, I am also using batch 44 and I have had some bizarre readings as well. Just started the pot two days ago and last night had a reading of 11.8/10.4/9.2 within a few seconds of each other because I couldn't believe the reading, although I did have 6 tiny sweet potato "chips" about 2cm long by 1cm wide and thick.

Reading at bedtime (BG reading, not book *wink*) 6.5

This morning my fasting reading was 8.1. Breakfast of bacon and mushrooms, grilled, not fried, and now my reading is 6.1!

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.