Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops.
I promise I will never do it again! (Had never thought of it that way)
I'd been congratulating myself that I wasn't killing the environment by using chemicals.
:(
Hey ho. Back to the scraper.

Good, my life has a purpose if I have converted one miscreant water pourer.
Though I guess it easy easy for me to be smug as I do not need to get anywhere in a hurry, so can wait until the car defrosts with the heated windscreen.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wish we had a heated windscreen (she types wistfully).

One day...

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Our totally inconsiderate neighbours who leave all three wheelie bins at the front of their house/on the pavement because they are too damned lazy to put them away.

Wheelie bins - I hate them!

Reactions: 4 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
@Brunneria Mrs S was asking why I was laughing, it's really difficult to explain the context of "a herd of cavorting muckers"!!!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh, I am on a roll now....the inconsiderate so and soes who defrost their cars by pouring warm water over the windscreen. They then drive off in their nice warm cars leaving the water to freeze on the pavements to catch any poor beggar walking on them. A&E departments are full of their victims.

I have a heated windscreen so this doesn't apply to me :happy:

I'd be more concerned about them parking on the pavement!!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our totally inconsiderate neighbours who leave all three wheelie bins at the front of their house/on the pavement because they are too damned lazy to put them away.

Wheelie bins - I hate them!
Hmm, I quite like having wheely bins. Much better than the black bin bags that used to get shredded by moggies and urban foxes. Wheely bins appeal to my sense of good order, with the green waste in one, recycling in another and everything else in the third one. It is the inconsiderate neighbours who do not store their bins neatly like we do. Or like my next door neighbours, keep their bins at the edge of the front of their property, like some weird garden ornaments, right next to my dining room window. As they don't bother sorting their rubbish, the general waste is often overflowing, its putrid contents creating a wonderful aroma to be savoured whilst we dine. No use trying to explain to them that this is anti-social. They would think we were paying them a compliment. They are people with more than one car that they defrost with warm water too.
So inconsiderate neighbours right in 101 accompanied by their malodorous wheely bins and the ice they leave for anyone to slide on.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And my new car which arrives in May has that automatic parking wizardry.........
I hope the automatic parking wizardry is not as sensitive as the sensors on my car. Loud beeping if there is any sort of obstacle in the way. Great for avoiding pedestrians with a death wish, but not sure it needs to alert me to a blade of grass 6 feet away.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hope the automatic parking wizardry is not as sensitive as the sensors on my car. Loud beeping if there is any sort of obstacle in the way. Great for avoiding pedestrians with a death wish, but not sure it needs to alert me to a blade of grass 6 feet away.

Ah but those blades of grass can cause irreparable damage......

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Let me clarify, I don't want my new car in 101, you are free to use it any time you like B :)

Phew, think I've got away with it
That was brave.
How do you know she wouldn't chuck warm water over it in the winter?

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because it's got a heated screen, and because she would incur your wrath...
Ok, you would have to let me know if she didn't adhere to the condition of no water pouring though.

@Brunneria, do you think he noticed we deceived him into agreeing you could use his car? Just need to find a way to make sure he fills up with fuel and we could have a road trip here.

Reactions: 3 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I also despise people who think planning regulations don't apply to them.

Are you getting my drift? We have obnoxious neighbours.

Reactions: 6 people

raffajaffa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
gooseberries fish, medium to hot spices, strong alcohol as it does not agree with my liver
Politicians, political commentators, TV experts ?ie the ones that appear on TV News programs , Fashion gurus, Royalty hangers on.
Most religious people ,Emporers and Presidents . Anyone working in the stock market .Film Directors that distort history and alternative
commedians.
Above is only the start.
That should move me up the Royalty waiting list a little ?

Reactions: 5 people