Blood squirted out from pricking finger.

Grkify

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin :(
This has happened to me a few times, always when I least expect it. white walls bad idea.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am amazed to read this, never ever had it happen. How odd!!

Ali

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This happens on a certain spot on both ring fingers.
I think there must be major arteries in there, very close under the skin!
Never happens anywhere else.

The first time, I sprayed an A4 sheet of paper. Very exciting, but no witnesses. :(

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
This just happened to me too! Unlike others here though my BG was high ( have had a very carb heavy naughty day ) 10.1 ...was a little disturbing to say the least!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This happens on a certain spot on both ring fingers.
I think there must be major arteries in there, very close under the skin!
Never happens anywhere else.

The first time, I sprayed an A4 sheet of paper. Very exciting, but no witnesses. :(
The paper witnessed it! She done it, honest guv.

I am on blood thinners, but I've been lucky so far. too much sticky sugar in my blood. And I've dropped my BP this last year.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep, arterial spray, 9am start of the working day all over my white flippen blouse. Happened the other night when my cgm went off and I checked all over the bed sheet and hit me in the face. My partner was on nights and I got a text in work the next day asking me where I'd hidden the body.
Once in a posh restaurant. Discretely under the table and ended up spraying all over the push white table cloth half way across the table. Then there was the time ............

Triscutt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just pricked my finger to test before bed and blood squirted out like a fountain for a few seconds and nearly hit me in the face! :lol:

I'm not really phazed by blood but this kind of shocked me as it's never happened to me before. Has this ever happened to any of you? And Do I have cause for concern?
It actually just happened to me... Maybe high blood pressure, idk and yes very weird...

Mini Dachs Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you are well hydrated, if it is hard to get blood it usually means you are dehydrated.

• Informative
Reactions: Lainie71

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Sometimes it is literally like trying to get blood out of stone with me! Perhaps a lot of my issues at the moment are due to being dehydrated, even though I think I am well hydrated.

Reactions: Paule Foster

dawny56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just pricked my finger to test before bed and blood squirted out like a fountain for a few seconds and nearly hit me in the face! :lol:

I'm not really phazed by blood but this kind of shocked me as it's never happened to me before. Has this ever happened to any of you? And Do I have cause for concern?
The same thing happed to me this morning. Weird!!!