Bacon & Eggs bad for you?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
if it does,it doesnt normally raise much at all, try them then test ,everyone is different

Lel

Hi qimqim,

I have scrambled eggs every morning and it doesnt raise my BG very much at all. i sometimes add a little bacon if i have time and this makes no difference either.
i think the reason that your BG would rise is if you have a lot of milk in it as this has more carbs than the eggs do so i dont have any at all and just add a little butter near the end and occaisonally a bit of cheese.

just experiment and see what levels you get.

wallycorker

qimqim said:
Is bacon & eggs for breakfast likely to raise your glucose levels?

q

Hi - I've moved back that way after coming to realise how high cereals take my blood glucose levels in the morning. I wouldn't expect that bacon and eggs would have much effect. However, the only way for you to find out what it does to you would be to test it out. I recommend that you test one hour after finishing eating to get a good idea of what is happening.

Best Wishes - John

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi qimqim
bacon and eggs is a brilliant meal. breakfast, lunch or dinner( followed by a salad for a main meal)

m100

wallycorker said:
Hi - I've moved back that way after coming to realise how high cereals take my blood glucose levels in the morning.

I've not gone that way just yet. I cut my carb intake from my usual breakfast of muesli, fruit and yogurt by over 50%. The portion size looks pathetic but it's made significant difference as it has resulted in a 2hr postprandial of 8.9 to 4.1 - 5.2 (mean of 4.8 )

Carbs first thing in a morning appear to be 'more' bad if you are not going to burn them off immediately. Carbs at lunch and to a lesser extent dinner would appear to have less effect although I've not yet seen this for myself.

I think this presentation makes interesting viewing/listening
http://www.diabetes-symposium.org/index.php?menu=view&source=&sourceid=0&id=322&chart=1 particularly the page headed "Mean subcutaneous tissue glucose during days 4 + 5"

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi m100.
Clicked on link and went to site but nothing seems to work ??

Ah ! Pressing the play button has no effect, you have to manually move between pages. Thanks.

m100

cugila said:
Hi m100.
Clicked on link and went to site but nothing seems to work ??

Ah ! Pressing the play button has no effect, you have to manually move between pages. Thanks.

Must be a computer issue at your end, just tried it now and the play bottom works fine on my pc. You really need the audio track! It looks like you might need to install Flash Player http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Thanks for that m100. I'll pass on the Flashplayer. Have more than enough already.