Insulinman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiots
HI
I am very concerned about the use of VERAPAMIL, don't get me wrong a great drug I used it it for cluster headache
which is known as the Bad One, In America it is known as the Suicide headache as those with it, well know!
I have used this drug for some 20 years, I was then told to increase it by the Hospital, Only to have a Heart Attack
now it seems VERAPAMIL Goes TOXIC? Hospital words NOT MINE! I am now on "yes" MONOMIL.
Now Renamed ISOTARD (same drug?) "BUT" I still do wonder why???
I do NOT want to see or hear about any other poor Soul! Diabetic or Not with the Same Problems if I can Help it.

For those who Don't know: Low Blood Sugar less than 5mmol causes Headaches, Migraine, and Cluster's

Hope this Helps
Regards INSULINMAN on a pump

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI
I am very concerned about the use of VERAPAMIL, don't get me wrong a great drug I used it it for cluster headache
which is known as the Bad One, In America it is known as the Suicide headache as those with it, well know!
I have used this drug for some 20 years, I was then told to increase it by the Hospital, Only to have a Heart Attack
now it seems VERAPAMIL Goes TOXIC? Hospital words NOT MINE! I am now on "yes" MONOMIL.
Now Renamed ISOTARD (same drug?) "BUT" I still do wonder why???
I do NOT want to see or hear about any other poor Soul! Diabetic or Not with the Same Problems if I can Help it.

For those who Don't know: Low Blood Sugar less than 5mmol causes Headaches, Migraine, and Cluster's

Hope this Helps
Regards INSULINMAN on a pump

Hi insulinman and thanks for the above. I'm shocked to read the last part of your post about Low Blood Sugar below 5mmol causes headaches etc. I'm glad to say that I have not got down to below the 5's yet but there are a few members on here that post their BS readings and some are below the 5mmol mark. Have you any documentation to back up your findings? and don't get me wrong please, it's not that i don't believe you but with proof of above it stops a lot of arguing.

Insulinman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiots
Adrian207 Not very good at this NEW LARK?? Ihave started a new conversation with you BUT it may have gone into CYBERLAND ?
Regards Insulinman still on the pump

Reactions: 2 people

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness, impolite people, spiders
I also get headaches when my readings are 5 or below.

Insulinman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiots
I also get headaches when my readings are 5 or below.

Hello Emie
It seems many of us on Insulin Do! I have a problem, Had it for about 39 years its the Somogyi effect (4am Hypos)
which drop my Sugar to around 2.8mmol which gives me high Sugar and a Bad Headache next morning.
(the more Insulin you give the Higher the Sugar?)
then as a Bonus I have Cluster Headache (Treated by drugs and Oxygen) caused by THE 2.8mmol HYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!
"So" Round and Round we go?
The only Pain-killer that works for the Headache is Co-Dydramol.
Also it is very hard to make an "Endo" or "Consultant" Believe! It only took me 34 years to prove I have the Somogyi effect?
All you need is a Continuous Glucose Monitor and the Read-out then they have to Believe You?
The Readings were Night1 2.8mmol, Night2 2.8mmol, Night3 3.9mmol etched on my soul!

Try to keep your Sugar around 6.0 Not easy along with "ALL" the advice

All the best INSULINMAN on the Pump

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness, impolite people, spiders
Wow they are very low readings. At the moment I'm not taking insulin I've been managing it through diet control. And thankfully have never had a hypo ( only diagnosed in august last year) that's one thing that terrifies me really. Would be nice to not ever have one but do not know if that is possible. When I was on insulin it was making my sugars go very low very quick that's why I was advised to stop taking for now as I still may be in the "honeymoon" stage. The whole diabetes situation really scares me :-(. All i hear from people are horror stories and even now I think "why me" selfish I know. It just seems that everything I read now in news or papers/ magazines is followed by "more at risk if u have diabetes" . Anyhow enough of my ranting, really hope you are well and thank you ever so much for the reply :)

Emie x

Insulinman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiots
Wow they are very low readings. At the moment I'm not taking insulin I've been managing it through diet control. And thankfully have never had a hypo ( only diagnosed in august last year) that's one thing that terrifies me really. Would be nice to not ever have one but do not know if that is possible. When I was on insulin it was making my sugars go very low very quick that's why I was advised to stop taking for now as I still may be in the "honeymoon" stage. The whole diabetes situation really scares me :-(. All i hear from people are horror stories and even now I think "why me" selfish I know. It just seems that everything I read now in news or papers/ magazines is followed by "more at risk if u have diabetes" . Anyhow enough of my ranting, really hope you are well and thank you ever so much for the reply :)

Emie x
My pleasure Emie
A true story When I was Diagnosed I collapsed just outside the A&E, Woosh On the trolley "YOUR Not going anywhere"
A few mornings later on the Ward B5 a first year Catholic Nursing Sister Said " I could never Inject my self How can you"
I Said very easy Sister if I don't I Die, There and then I accepted my "Lot" what I did NOT know I would be The worst No2
out of 4000 in the clinic No 1 was a lady, I knew ALL the Nurses, Matron, Sister Tutor, Sisters, Staff-Nursed, and OPD Staff
And the Consultant (A Fantastic Lady who became a friend) by their First Names???? What I got was O M G its Brian!
Twice A WEEK IN O,P,D?
Best Regards Advice Don't cheat, Learn the Carb Values DO NOT LISTEN TO THE WALLYs? Cos they don't know?

Regards INSULINMAN still on the Pump