new to t2...

Geoff125

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello

can anyone give me a list of low sugar fresh fruits that i can eat as my nurse told me yesterday that the fruit i was eating was no good for me..so please help i am fruitsless now and i do like it.

Reactions: 2 people

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
A rule of thumb on low sugar fruit is.... If it can be grown in the UK, it is ok. Eg apples, strawberries, blueberries raspberries etc.

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
hello

can anyone give me a list of low sugar fresh fruits that i can eat as my nurse told me yesterday that the fruit i was eating was no good for me..so please help i am fruitsless now and i do like it.
Another good way is to take your blood reading then have said fruit and check at one and two hrs to see how your blood reacts.....

Reactions: 5 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. Yes I was always told berries were best. I have the odd small kiwi & pear & satsuma without too much of a rise in blood sugars. All the best.

Reactions: 5 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Berries usually are well tolerated, and some can tolerate small portions of other types of fruit (small cubes/few slices). As what others have suggested, it is best determined if you check your sugars two hours after you've eaten the fruit :) good luck! :)

Reactions: 4 people