Mixed insulin

jackie21123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Can I ask how many people use mixed insulin, my daughter is on humulin m3 morning, Novorapid dinner and permit bedtime.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
by mixed do you mean the M3...............

I used to be on this up until 2009..............

It didn't work for me but I was severely lacking the education to give it a good go.......

it seem a strange use of M3, Novorapid...............what is she doing at bedtime?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It is very unusual to have Novorapid together with a mixed insulin? Can you clarify what you mean by 'permit'? If your daughter is diagnosed as T1 you might want to discuss moving to the Basal/Bolus regime with the GP? Do ask if you want to know more.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I use novorapid at lunchtime and mixed morning and evening it works for me

jackie21123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry that was a mistake type, it's levemir she has at bedtime, she did try basal bolus but it didn't work as we lost control. So she was put back onto mixed.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was started on Novomix 30 and BS came down but was all over the place with big peaks and troughs.
2 months later I changed to Humalog 25 Mix and evertyhing has evened out. I won't go into details but this change over was almost accidental.
I was also given rapid acting lispro pen for 'sick days' so I stuck them in the fridge and forgot them. At recent hospital appointment the nurse told me to use the rapid acting at mealtimes for extra control. I've been doing this for a couple weeks and it seems pretty good so far.
I am still honeymooning though so your daughter may be in a different situation.

bigjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was started on Novomix 30 and BS came down but was all over the place with big peaks and troughs.
2 months later I changed to Humalog 25 Mix and evertyhing has evened out. I won't go into details but this change over was almost accidental.
I was also given rapid acting lispro pen for 'sick days' so I stuck them in the fridge and forgot them. At recent hospital appointment the nurse told me to use the rapid acting at mealtimes for extra control. I've been doing this for a couple weeks and it seems pretty good so far.
I am still honeymooning though so your daughter may be in a different situation.
I am on humalog mix 25 but it's not in control my reading is 17.5 I increase the dose but bg goes up 17units in morning and 22 evening any advice please