Comparison of Blood Glucose Monitors/Meters

scottishkate

I have two OneTouch meters. The OneTouch Ultra 2 which lets you add all sorts of info regarding food/exercise to your readings and also enables you to download info to your computer. Also have the Ultra Mini which is pretty tiny and good for taking to the gym/putting in v. small designer handbags!

I've found OneTouch good for sending free stuff - when I lost my finger-picking device I phoned them up and when I told them how often I tested (15ish times a day at the moment) they sent me a new device, two spare meters and a data cable. I obviously make them lots of money in strips! :D

Katie.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Andrew has 2 one touch ultras, they look like small MP3 players, 1 in funky green the other in chocolate brown,( makes using them in front of friends so much easier as there design is a talking point) also has an ascensia contour but finds it bulky and as its an older model takes 15 secs to tell Bs, were as the one touch only take 5 secs.
Suzi x

Jenny

Has anyone tried the TrueOne (called Sidekick on the other side of the pond) which is a tub of strips with the meter built into the lid?

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
I use the Accu-Chek compact plus does everything I need, but if I have to start buying strips they are among the most expensive. I purchased a Freedom Lite from asda on friday £4.00, I'll give this a go I know the strips are cheaper.

Graham

poppyglitter

I was introduced to this appliance yesterday by someone who has been using it for a while and I was very impressed, half my handbag is full of all my testing gear so this is in a neat size and much easier to carry around. I will be asking for it to be scripted for me when I next visit my doctor

Fearless Finn

If anyone wants a list with pictures of the UK blood glucose meters with the special features of each one of them listed with bullet points, I am happy to forward it to you. It is up to date as now. :D