Really struggling

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sam

Decide what you want and go for it without any blame or negativity.

What we have to do to keep our diabetes under control is not easy. None of us are perfect and we all have moments/periods of weakness.

As others have suggested, draw a line on the past and start again concentrating on how much better and more empowered you felt when you were feeling in control of this disease.

It is not easy but I have every faith you can do it.

All the best

P.

Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Sam, come on girl you can do this, remember back when you first started then you got your first results, I do, GO GIRL YOU CAN DO IT.

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

Hi sam , if you felt demotivated and food was not the issue , what would you do , to make positve changes ....
Just a thought ...might be worth thinking about because you have already found that chatting and sharing here is supportive , so there must be more things you like , to help you feel,better ....take care ....Kat

Reactions: 2 people

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One meal I enjoy is 1/3rd of a cup of quick oats + 2/3rds of cup of full fat milk with defrosted blueberries. (I doubt that blueberries are available in the UK) but they are big staple over here. A bag of frozen blueberries costs about $8 or £5. I am unsure the amount it would spike your BS but I love eating this meal.

One thing I've run into is flavoured balsamic vinegars. Regular balsamic vinegar is nice but when I eat salads I can't be without my balsamic vinegars. A friend gave me a blackberry flavoured balsamic vinegar, & for me it takes away the boredom of eating a lunch time chicken salad.I mix one of my vinegars with 1000 Island dressing (which I think lightens it up) I've yet to grow tired of that lunch (Thank God)!

Oh and BTW I cycle to lunch just to get another 12 miles of biking exercise in...

I hope the above helps!

JM

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Hi sam , if you felt demotivated and food was not the issue , what would you do , to make positve changes ....
Just a thought ...might be worth thinking about because you have already found that chatting and sharing here is supportive , so there must be more things you like , to help you feel,better ....take care ....Kat
I have a things to to do list SAM ...sometimes it really helps , really helps my memory also ...a small write on board in the kitchen ...
Like today, I made a chilli and another veggie dish for the fridge
Went for a walk ....felt good about that , lots of mud in the fields ...
You know the sort of thing , you can do it ;)

K

Kat100

One meal I enjoy is 1/3rd of a cup of quick oats + 2/3rds of cup of full fat milk with defrosted blueberries. (I doubt that blueberries are available in the UK) but they are big staple over here. A bag of frozen blueberries costs about $8 or £5. I am unsure the amount it would spike your BS but I love eating this meal.

One thing I've run into is flavoured balsamic vinegars. Regular balsamic vinegar is nice but when I eat salads I can't be without my balsamic vinegars. A friend gave me a blackberry flavoured balsamic vinegar, & for me it takes away the boredom of eating a lunch time chicken salad.I mix one of my vinegars with 1000 Island dressing (which I think lightens it up) I've yet to grow tired of that lunch (Thank God)!

Oh and BTW I cycle to lunch just to get another 12 miles of biking exercise in...

I hope the above helps!

JM
Hi , yes blueberries have them every morning ...in UK , maybe imported though ...about £2 a small box the prices vary ....
I like infussed olive oils ....
Impressed with your cycle exercise ....best wishes ...Kat

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi , yes blueberries have them every morning ...in UK , maybe imported though ...about £2 a small box the prices vary ....
I like infussed olive oils ....
Impressed with your cycle exercise ....best wishes ...Kat
Great in full fat yoghurt too!

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love frozen berries with ff Greek yoghurt. My faves are cherries and blueberries. Had some with my home made low carb cheesecake this eve. Feeling happier

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was just wondering same thing.....would toasting Livlife bread make it more digestible for you? I'm not eating much of it at all, but knowing in my head that I could have a slice helps a bit...

What kind of indegestion...?!! Just wondering if you cd eat the Livlife bread v occasionally and treat the indegestion instead!,, not ideal I know though.

All the very best.

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm going to try the Livlife toast idea @Daffodils1 . If I eat in in the eve I get really bad acid reflux all night and it can make me sick (the same with battered chip shop fish) even though it doesn't spike me. Think I'm prob wheat intolerant. Going to try the toast tomorrow for lunch.

Reactions: 4 people

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, might not work for you but gavilast helps me with acidic stuff, work differently than gaviscon, kind of preemptive. Good luck!

K

Kat100

I'm going to try the Livlife toast idea @Daffodils1 . If I eat in in the eve I get really bad acid reflux all night and it can make me sick (the same with battered chip shop fish) even though it doesn't spike me. Think I'm prob wheat intolerant. Going to try the toast tomorrow for lunch.
Reflux is awful you hsve my full empathy

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am spoiled over here, local gym is open 24 hours / day. An old friend & I are off there in a couple of hours. He's over weight, I am living with bad neuropathy. The neuropathy keeps me focused on becoming person that looks like Mark Spitz did when he won his gold medals. If I lose another 10-15 lbs I'll look like him & I'll lose the neuropathy I took the dogs for a walk this morning and discovered I need a new notch for my belt! Yea! My BMI is now 24.8 but I still get the odd twinge of neuropathy. Another 10-15lbs will nail it on the head! Gotta keep driving hard! Got to go pick up the Metformin from the pharmacy!

We've got BBQ steaks tonight with cauliflower and onion sauce! Beautiful!

JM

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sam72 I know this may sound completely stupid as you have other busy commitments,but have you considered home made carb free bread or low carb home made bread. The advantage is you know what is in the bread. just a thought from daft bloke. hears 2 links.15 Bread Recipes That Are Low-Carb and Gluten-Free recipes. 15 Bread Recipes That Are Low-Carb and Gluten-Free
Really Good Low Carb Gluten Free Bread, bread machine & xanthan free option | Skinny GF Chef healthy and great tasting gluten free recipes
Love your new avatar.

K

Kat100

Reflux is awful you hsve my full empathy
SAM , there are some more newer medications available now for this awful reflux ...
You might know about sleeping position to help at night and putting the top end of your bed on two bricks ..to,higher it ...
No real cure though :( but anything is worth trying ...kat