Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
never mind, tomorrow is another day.
It is, thank you Pasha... I later had 91 then 125 after scrambled egg and bacon - and berries and cream! But this evening, after going out with friends to a lovely Japanese restaurant and eating all sorts, ir is 103.... It's that early morning liver dump that is so frustrating... but your numbers are always very good... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
4.8 this morning

Maxwell
Brilliant, as always.. :)
5.2 with Accu strips supplied by NHS, I am allowed 1 tub every 2 months , so saved them up and using them all at once.

Back to my codefree shortly, not checked the batch number but hoping its not ending 44.

Bloods this morning, first since diagnosis in May, more than a little nervous to see if I have been doing the right thing.

Well we shall see and I will doubtless bore you good people whichever way it goes.

Have a great day.
Good luck with your blood tests... I'm sure they'll be great... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think low carbing probably has helped in that I always had IBS when I ate a lot of carbs and stimulation of the vagus nerve can cause palpitations and chest pain. I also think just lower my BS revels has helped as I don't get the swings I was before. I still get panic attacks and suffer from anxiety - it has been a constant companion in one guise or other since I had my son 21 years ago. I started with OCD post natally and then had GAD for years before developing full blown panic disorder when a friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. I'd had a fall and developed fibromyalgia prior to that and the constant pain and worry about whether it was something more serious just ground me down. I have had lots of CBT which is flavour of the month here for psychological support but as a philosophy graduate I don't buy tin to a lot of the assumptions about thinking that it makes so I find I overthink it too. Some things from if have been useful - the really obvious stuff like diet, exercise, sleep, making time for yourself and relaxation. In my case, I know I have a constant problem with hyperventilating which causes changes in the body's chemistry and gives me all these weird side effects that make me panic. Metformin was making me much worse as it has an effect on lactic acid in the body and sensitivity to this is implicated in anxiety disorders. Now I try and do my breathing exercises daily, some simple relaxation and some gentle walking or cycling just to help calm me down. I have never found medication very useful, though if you can tolerate betablockers, which I can't, then do take the edge off the physical symptoms, allowing you chance to calm yourself further. Valium has helped me on the odd occasion I've not been able to stop the attack but it isn't a long term solution. Sorry I don't have any better answers as it is a hell I'd not wish on anyone.
It's all so frustrating because you are intelligent and educated and you still can't help yourself.... It's amazing how many women I know whose entire physiological set-up changed after pregnancy.... hormones at work, or is it like taking steroids? I do think the gentle exercise thing helps, walking the dogs and stuff, but it's as you say, the hyperventilation that's the bugbear... my nephew suffers too and also has ulcerative colitis - you have to wonder about the bowel and the nerves, don't you? He keeps a stash of paper bags to breathe into... does it help you? Having a fall and contracting fibromyalgia was the worst thing that could have happened to you by the sounds of things - the constant pain has to be a trigger.... blimey, god certainly turns the big guns on some people - you have a lot to deal with... My poor granddaughter seems to catch every darn thing going too... But my 92 year old mum always says, 'I may have a lot of silly things wrong with me, but nothing that I have no control over'... :) She's lucky in lots of ways I suppose..... It's hard to control panic attacks, if not impossible.... hug.... I'm off to make hot chocolate - Bullet Proof style... :) Sleep well...

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's all so frustrating because you are intelligent and educated and you still can't help yourself.... It's amazing how many women I know whose entire physiological set-up changed after pregnancy.... hormones at work, or is it like taking steroids? I do think the gentle exercise thing helps, walking the dogs and stuff, but it's as you say, the hyperventilation that's the bugbear... my nephew suffers too and also has ulcerative colitis - you have to wonder about the bowel and the nerves, don't you? He keeps a stash of paper bags to breathe into... does it help you? Having a fall and contracting fibromyalgia was the worst thing that could have happened to you by the sounds of things - the constant pain has to be a trigger.... blimey, god certainly turns the big guns on some people - you have a lot to deal with... My poor granddaughter seems to catch every darn thing going too... But my 92 year old mum always says, 'I may have a lot of silly things wrong with me, but nothing that I have no control over'... :) She's lucky in lots of ways I suppose..... It's hard to control panic attacks, if not impossible.... hug.... I'm off to make hot chocolate - Bullet Proof style... :) Sleep well...

thank you for your interest and kind words. I've done the paper bag trick though nowadays I mainly use cupped hands. CBT tells you to ignore it and just get on with things, but I sometimes think whoever comes up with this stuff has obviously never had a panic attack. Enjoy the hot chocolate- I have half an apple with my name on it as a bedtime treat.

Reactions: 7 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood

Day 1..Day 2..Day 3..Day 4..Day 5..Day 6..Day 7..Day 8....Day 9...Day10....Day 11...Day12....Day 13..... Day 14
.4.9.......4.8.......5.9......5.0..........5.6......5.4......5.7..........5.8.........5.9........5.6.........5.7..........5.5............5.7.........5.6

Today ......Average 5.5 fast on test. Looking at these averages does not seem to be making any difference, it is disappointing, the original Averages was based on 77 readings.

Normal Average Fasting 5.353 mmol/L since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

Early readings 4.9 & 4.8 when I first changed the time I took the Metformin & thought this looks interesting,

The jury's not out anymore, have given it 14 days, not eaten anything particularly different through these testing days.

So as @Bluetit1802 said "this has made not one jot of a difference" Metformin at Midnight test has finished.

The slight increase in averages it within the 15% variances and this was also batch 44 on the codefree.

Neil

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@daddys1 so the answer is .... take your metformin whenever is most convenient to to, and at a time you are least likely to forget it. ;)

Sorry it didn't work. You have sweet blood like me. Forever 5's in the mornings. At least it is still within normal range. What are your levels like at bedtimes?

Reactions: 13 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My levels are always in the 5s as well. When I mentioned it to my DN just before Xmas she told me not to be too convened as it was within the normal range.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm quite happy when I can maintain fives.
Not bad for someone with diabetes.

Reactions: 9 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can always share your knowledge with him... shame he couldn't go, but dogs and mums come first - always.... :) Glad you enjoyed it though.. do you think there might be light at the end of the tunnel with the NHS and LCHF at last? :rolleyes:
Well certainly the 2 nurses running the course certainly seemed to advocate low carbs. It will be interesting to see what my DPN thinks next week when I show her the study I've been doing on myself. My bs have been between 4 and 7 with only a couple of hiccups and I am wondering if they are down to the curse of 44. I've got new strips now

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

It is, thank you Pasha... I later had 91 then 125 after scrambled egg and bacon - and berries and cream! But this evening, after going out with friends to a lovely Japanese restaurant and eating all sorts, ir is 103.... It's that early morning liver dump that is so frustrating... but your numbers are always very good... :)
Oooh, don't the numbers sound HIGH that way :wideyed: - prefer the way my meter shows them :joyful:

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@daddys1 so the answer is .... take your metformin whenever is most convenient to to, and at a time you are least likely to forget it. ;)

What are your levels like at bedtimes?

Hi, sounds like this is a personal question Bluetit,;)

The time is 11.10pm just returned from the 'Thursday' 'boys night out' :cool: I better be honest here, while having dinner, OH out, so have to look after ones self.
At 7pm make evening meal of 3 sausages, 2 egg omelette with 2 mushrooms, little sprinkle grated cheese plus chillie. 1 glass of wine Merlot.
7.22pm pre meal 5.0 :happy:
8.45pm to 10.45pm 3 pints of (liquid bread, Doonbar) beer, tested at 10.11pm 6.1 then a Gin & slimline tonic. :D
11.10pm Tested
4.5, :hungry:before 1/2 sandwich Burgen Soya & Linseed (1 slice) & cheese and brinjal pickle. :p
12.10pm Tested 6.1, Then bed. so today I really don't know.

I'll work out my average and post it shortly.

Neil

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
88 mg/dl or 4.89 mmoles/l also measured ketones last evening ,they were 3 mmoles/l reflecting a good level of ketosis.

Reactions: 17 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning. My sleep was good....

Remembering the words of Oliver Twist, "Please sir, can I have some more......" ;-)

Reactions: 19 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all 6.9 this morning chest :-\ grumpy and been up a bit over night so no doubt bs will rise later.
Have a good day everyone

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.