LCHF weight gain

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@turvell your body design could be resisting attempts to lose weight.
Brunneria's smoothies should help you with some brain power that will help you to overcome your struggle.
I also like the idea of monitoring your weight each day, that amazingly will allow your brain to try and come to terms with your personnel weight requirements.
I know what stress can do, nevertheless sometimes stress does help as it is part of the process.
Strangely enough I always gain a few lbs during winter months and soon loose them in the spring.
best of luck.

Reactions: 2 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
Weighed in again still not lost any gone up a bit so total loss in 5 weeks 2lb not cheating and running every day

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm told to eat more whole grains ? Brown bread ? As I'm very constipated even tho I eat fat and veg

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
To get things started and moving along have you tried Fybogel? Available from pharmacies

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Try adding a teaspoon (no more initially) of flaxseed in to your food. Either in your yogurt or sorinkled over veg. They don't have a taste but have amazing good reactions on stomach and bowel just from a teaspoon a day.

A packet is about £5.00 but lasts ages and ages...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Wholegrain etc for me wasn't the answer, for me it made things worse.
Flaxseed has completely eliminated problems I had.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok I'll get some and put it in my breakfast yogurt. I can't see how bread would help. I'll get some fybogel too. I was told I have IBS so I guess that don't help

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I like your persistence :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok I'll get some and put it in my breakfast yogurt. I can't see how bread would help. I'll get some fybogel too. I was told I have IBS so I guess that don't help

I add 20g of milled flaxseed to my breakfast yogurt. It works a treat.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I guess the diet LCHF and IBS are giving me issues. I just bought flaxseed and fybogel on Amazon. Stand clear guys I'm going to blow

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Start off easy with the flaxseed. Recommended initially is one teaspoon a day. I alternate between 1 and 2 a day now depending on the food I have.
Nowadays I can also have a few days without it but for the good workings of my stomach then its rare I miss.. Just say if I go away for a weekend that it doesn't get packed!!

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Heaped or level teaspoon

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm told to eat more whole grains ? Brown bread ? As I'm very constipated even tho I eat fat and veg

Drink loads of water. If you think you drink enough, still increase it by a litre a day. Water is wonderful stuff in the "moving along" departments.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heaped or level teaspoon

Blimey, I have 20g a morning, which is 2 heaped dessert spoons! Zero carbs, 113 cals, 4g protein, 9g fat, 6g fibre. That has done me no harm at all.
30g is the recommended amount of Linwood's milled.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And it's basically to make you go to loo or is there another reason to have it

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Three benefits of flax seed for your digestion. (Needs to be milled or ground flaxseed).. Somewhere I read to only start off with a teaspoon but linwoods do say a 30g serving...my teaspoon is a large heaped one....

1. Flaxseed is a great source of dietary fibre:
Perhaps the biggest benefit to eating milled flaxseed for your digestive system is that it is a great source of fibre. It is important to consume the right amount of dietary fibre on a regular basis to ensure bowel regularity, reduce inflammatory bowel diseases and maintain a healthy colon and digestive tract. A diet that is high in fibre helps contribute towards a fully functioning digestive system. The recommended intake of fibre for adults is 18g. Linwoods milled organic flaxseeds provide 8.7g of fibre per every 30g serving.

2. Flax seed contains healthy oils:
The healthy oils and lignans that are contained in flax seeds also help to contribute to digestive regularity, by lubricating your digestive system and making it much easier for food to pass through your system. These healthy oils and high fibre value and often make flax seed an effective natural remedy for relieving constipation.

3. Milled flaxseed contains Omega 3 fatty acids:
Lastly, flaxseeds are a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids help contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels, and can also improve some digestive issues including inflammatory bowel diseases. Omega 3 and mucilage (thick gluey substance produce by plants) that is contained in flaxseeds also adds to the lubrication effect of your stools, making the digestion process an easier one.

5 ways to enjoy flaxseed and improve your digestive system.

Flaxseed not only contains health benefits that can help your digestive system and your body as a whole, it can also add some additional flavour and texture to your favourite foods. Below we have listed 5 ways to enjoy flaxseed and help your digestion.

Sprinkle over your porridge each morning
Mix into a soup or stew dish
Add to your favourite yoghurt
Serve over the top of a pasta or salad dish
Add to your mixture when making your favourite breads

Reactions: 5 people