Advice on testing

cookiesT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same with coffee, I used to drink it made with all milk, now it's water and double cream. I still can't get used to something being so lush being allowed on a 'diet' ;) Can't stand creamy tea though so I drink green tea instead.
I don't take milk in coffee or tea I drink peppermint tea most of the time. I don't get the fat thing it goes against everything you've ever been told about healthy eating. I don't know if I should go with the low carb high fat thing. I have high cholesterol and on medication for that too. I struggle with low carb because I can't find a suitable alternative that fills me

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't get the fat thing it goes against everything you've ever been told about healthy eating. I don't know if I should go with the low carb high fat thing. I have high cholesterol and on medication for that too. I struggle with low carb because I can't find a suitable alternative that fills me

I still don't really understand it, I've been brought up to think 'Fat is BAD' and as a result have yo-yo dieted my whole adult life. But I put my trust in all I read about the low carb high fat thing on here and over the last few weeks my glucose levels have come right down and I've lost weight!
Lots of people here say their high cholesterol has gone down too but I won't know about mine till I have my bloods done in a few weeks time.

I used to eat a lot of carbs, some at every meal and I really didn't think I'd be able to cope without them, but once I got started, and increased my fat intake, I've hardly felt hungry at all. If I do i have a bowl of home-made veg soup that I always keep handy, or a piece of cheese. It seems the extra fat helps to fill us up, again I don't really understand why but I do know it's working.

Have you seen teh 'Eat Fat' book by Trudi Deakin? She explains it really well, and it's well worth getting a copy, it will help you. And of course the Low Carb forum on here is a great help! Why not give it a go for a few weeks, you've nothing to lose except high numbers and weight ;)

Reactions: 4 people