What an idiot!

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am such an idiot. I've just done my morning dose of Lantus not my evening. I have 6 in the evening and 12 in the morning. Oh pants!

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oops, better have a nice slow release Carb snack (porridge maybe) right before bed and set an alarm to do a check in the night. I once had my morning dose twice thinking I hadn't had it :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I am such an idiot. I've just done my morning dose of Lantus not my evening. I have 6 in the evening and 12 in the morning. Oh pants!

@DonnaC-T test and have a little snack if lowish reading
Retest again in 2 hours time too .
Write your readings down too - if helps ?

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

I hope all will be okay. I had a mix up only once and took my then daytime Actrapid at bedtime instead of the then Insultard. I had to eat food and the nurse on NHS helpline said she would ring me up at 4am to check I was okay, if I didn't answer she would oi called out the paramedics !! I answered and I was fine :)

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Level is a nice 7.4, I've set my alarm to check again. What a numpty!
Please don't feel bad nor a numpty .
It is easy to do and we have done wacky :wacky: things too .
I have even forgotten to take my insulin pencil case out with me once !
Totally understand Donna.

You do what you have set up a test and check later .
Maybe take a snack nibble up ready in case you need one ?
Above all - take care and be safe for us ;):)

Reactions: 2 people

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have Gluco tabs by the bed. I've never done it before. Amazing in nearly 20 years. I guess it was overdue. Lol

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have Gluco tabs by the bed. I've never done it before. Amazing in nearly 20 years. I guess it was overdue. Lol
Only the first time in 20 years ?
You have done remarkably well .

Sounds like you are all well prepared and set up now .
Hope you sleep well till test time later . :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's a lot easier to take too much lantus and deal with it than take novorapid instead of levemir. Once and once only have I and will I do that.

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We've all done it. I while ago I took a double does of ultratard (2x20units) spent the following day being really care full. Or the time I went away for the weekend and forgot to take ultatard with me.............or the time I forgot to take ultratard at bedtime and took it in the morning.

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I've left it at home when I've gone away before, only overnight and the local GP was fab. I've left it at home and gone to work. Luckily I'm ten minutes from home. But I've never mixed am and pm, since I've split the dose. Managed to keep it just above 4, with 1 & a 1/2 hourly tests. Shattered now though. I'm sure I'll be much more careful today! Lol thanks guys x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Oh I've left it at home when I've gone away before, only overnight and the local GP was fab. I've left it at home and gone to work. Luckily I'm ten minutes from home. But I've never mixed am and pm, since I've split the dose. Managed to keep it just above 4, with 1 & a 1/2 hourly tests. Shattered now though. I'm sure I'll be much more careful today! Lol thanks guys x

Glad your fine Donna, there's a first time for everything but hope this is the last for you :)

I once took my basal insulin twice and was working nights at the time, scary moments..................