Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Before breakfast 7.6
Porridge, blueberries AND a large dollop of greek yogurt.
Walk with dog, 2 hours later 6.4
So I think porridge ( made with water ) is ok for me.
Or am I wrong?
You could try unsweetened soya milk. I use,Sainsbury's - it's in the fresh milk fridge...lower carbs than their Basics long-life version and boils better in microwave for latte

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 this morning porrage is ok for me with fruit or cinimom only get a rise of .6 max . If i use and jam rise is a crazy 1.5 - 2 points. Spending a quite afternoon inside knitting

Reactions: 13 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Whoa ! I don't think I've posted all week. No doubt someone will dish out an appropriate punishment for me lol.
Been very busy, doing more than enough and have some time off next week, just a few days.
Btw. Missed you all aww.
5.8 mmol/l today so that's good for me :happy:

Reactions: 19 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoa ! I don't think I've posted all week. No doubt someone will dish out an appropriate punishment for me lol.
Been very busy, doing more than enough and have some time off next week, just a few days.
Btw. Missed you all aww.

Wondered where you were. Glad you're OK.

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're having boneless box so noo buns to spike, just the crumb coating but as deep fried hopefully ok. But it's part of my birthday pressie from her
I've found in ok with 3 crispy strips, approx 15gm carbs, I have my morrisons full fat luxery coleslaw with it and never go beyond a 1.5 rise- must be the deep fried !

Reactions: 6 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
You could try unsweetened soya milk. I use,Sainsbury's - it's in the fresh milk fridge...lower carbs than their Basics long-life version and boils better in microwave for latte
Im happy with porridge made with water. In the passed when I had it with milk I found it too sweet.
I don't have a sweet tooth, I love the savoury stuff. But thanks anyway.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Im happy with porridge made with water. In the passed when I had it with milk I found it too sweet.
I don't have a sweet tooth, I love the savoury stuff. But thanks anyway.
No probs. I love savoury over sweet that's why parsnips and sweet potato aren't on my menu and even carrots.... Just the odd sweet binge now and again.....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I've found in ok with 3 crispy strips, approx 15gm carbs, I have my morrisons full fat luxery coleslaw with it and never go beyond a 1.5 rise- must be the deep fried !
3 strips, fries, beans 6.6 at 2hrs. Didn't test pre but unlikely to be 4.6 or less ;)

Reactions: 4 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Knowing my luck it will change to humid, muggy and warm for the time-of-year, when I get there... :p
We should be so lucky. But the nights are drawing out I actually left work in the light tonight,it was dark when I got home but it's a start.and I saw some green shoots of daffodils on the roadsides. I travel through the country and I noticed how much snow there still is on the moors. Roll on spring:D

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well that's it me n bread are parting company for good. Was late in from work last night so just had some peanut butter on 2 hovis. My bs went from 4.8 pre to 8.3 post!!!! I've never had that before. Then today I had chicken an mushroom soup for my lunch with a slice of homemade soda bread, again it went from 4.6 to 8.5! That's the first 2times I've gone over 8. So that's it, bread is definitely off the menu:grumpy:

Reactions: 12 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
We should be so lucky. But the nights are drawing out I actually left work in the light tonight,it was dark when I got home but it's a start.and I saw some green shoots of daffodils on the roadsides. I travel through the country and I noticed how much snow there still is on the moors. Roll on spring:D
I totally concur. When I was working my yard stick to spring was, yes! I made it home in daylight

Reactions: 8 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Btw. Missed you all aww.

Take 10 lines 'I must take time off and rest'!

Nice to see you back :)

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, late night early start however I did not neglect my exercise routine.
4.6 fasting. :)

Reactions: 14 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 tis morning. Work has been crazy this past week and also had a family death. I have a huge day tomorrow with 5 new Board Member joining my board. I am totally sure they will ask lots of tricky questions. Plus, I am doing two major presentations for them on our current work, what success looks like for us and other left brain stats, plus a business plan presentation. Won't get home till 8ish and have told my husband to have the vodka and tonic waiting already. Hopefully after tomorrow I will be able to be online and posting more. :)

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.