New to LCHF

Kellrob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to say I'm on day 4 now of my low carb eating. I have already found my readings have stabilised and I'm not getting the cravings for food during the afternoons which was one of my downfalls. The only drawback is I felt awful yesterday and had 3 naps throughout the day, I felt shattered and I ached all over, I also had a foggy yucky headache, but I drank loads of water which helped, I really had to draw on my strength to not be weak and eat some carbs (which I really wanted). Anyway got through it, it's a new day and I'm hoping symptoms will be less today.

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to say I'm on day 4 now of my low carb eating. I have already found my readings have stabilised and I'm not getting the cravings for food during the afternoons which was one of my downfalls. The only drawback is I felt awful yesterday and had 3 naps throughout the day, I felt shattered and I ached all over, I also had a foggy yucky headache, but I drank loads of water which helped, I really had to draw on my strength to not be weak and eat some carbs (which I really wanted). Anyway got through it, it's a new day and I'm hoping symptoms will be less today.
you've hit the wall..have a teaspoon of salt and some more protein this week
low carb flushes salts and fluids and you've cut out junk which is a main source of salt.
some more protein will turn to glucose and help till the fat burning kicks in

Reactions: 2 people

Kellrob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:banghead::banghead:Thanks @jack412 , I've had a fuzzy head again this morning and now suddenly I feel really tired and achy again. I had scrambled egg with mushrooms and salami for breakfast and a decaf coffee with cream and 2 pints of water, unfortunately I caved in just now and I've had 2 ryvita with cheese!! Think I'm gonna go take a nap!!

Reactions: 2 people

gateian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the best advice I can give is do it your way and the way you feel is best for you. Every one has a different experience of low carbing adjustment. I reduced mine slowly as after removing a large amount of sugar from my diet sent me crashing. Headaches, no energy, very low mood and unable to think straight. 4 weeks on my energy levels are better than ever. Keep it up!:)