Hi everybody, In a bad way at minute...

sandymaynard

I got my colling gem carb counter book through the post today!
The big problem is I can't see the writting, The writting is just too small to read!
I was so lucking forward to being able to use the book!
I think i am doing everything right!
I am staying off bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, noodles, etc.
I am trying my hardest to eat meat and eat alot of veg with it!
I am not eating any chocolate etc, But the last two morning my blood sugar on fasting has been 8.4.
Must admit i am not eating 3 meals a day as i cannot as i am in so much pain with my tooth! Have a cracked wisdom tooth and a abcess in the same tooth!
I am tring to eat where i can!
I managed a little bit of tuna and a tomato today but i feel so ill! I am on painkillers for the tooth! But they are not working as usual!
Is there any recipes i could try that are low carb that are easy to make and not too confusing as i am getting myself very confused at minute!
It does not help that i fell out of bed last night and have bruised my ankle and it is all swollen! Broken it twice now, It is only bruised i am on warfarin so any brusiers go black look really nasty!
I am not a wimp, but the tooth hurts so badly that i can't drink anything hot or cold! It starts it off!
Was meant to go on a walk in the forest today, Can't do that now as foot too painful and sore can barely put any weight on it! I am worried that i am not eating and drinking enough and cause problems for myself as also on anti botics as well as painkillers!
Sorry for the long messgae, and the message, and being a wimp
Sandy

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sandy ,get yourself one of those full page magnifiers!!Some of them are free standing so you can read without using your hands!
Camp on the doorstep of the dentist if necessary to get that tooth seen too!!Now is the time to be forceful and get yourself sorted ,you have been mucked about enough.

sandymaynard

Hi sue,
My doctor has refered me to the dentist at the hospital as i am using emergency dentists at the minute, as all the dentists down here full!
The doctor hopes i will be seen soon! But it is taking forever! The pain is getting worse day by day!
I must admit i cried with it today as there is nothing that can be done!
Untill the abcess is gone!
I have been up on the Rnib website, They have some maginfiers up there that are free standing!
Going to be orering one on tuesday as that is when i will be able to afford one! They are expensive, But the woman i spoke to at Rnib said that they give a 3 year warrenty on it, if one the screws break or anything like that they will replace!
sandy

sandymaynard

Managed to eat a jacket potato with tuna earlier only a small onbe, checked blood sugar 2 hours on and blood sugar has dropped from 8.4 down to 7.2.
I am feeling awful...
I have just checked the price as i didnot ask the woman earlier on the phone, but the magifier she was talking about is nearly £500 on the website!
Ouch can't afford that! If i could afford that i would of been able to get my tooth pulled private by now!
Sandy

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Sandy ,you can get those magnifiers for far less than that! I will see if I can find a link!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sandy.

Here is alink to just one Company that provides what you need at a reasonable cost.

http://www.magnifyingglasses.co.uk/acat ... ers_8.html

Do a websearch for full page magnifiers UK and you will see lots more.
Your local Opticians also usually stock similar items.

Don't pay £500.

Ken

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I hope they help Sandy!!Now if I could just sort your doctor out........................

Fuggsy

Dislikes
Being preached at about low carbing
I have horrendous problems with my eyesight as my sugars are invariably far too high.

I bought a pair of the cheapo reading glasses for a couple of quid and find them invaluable esp when I'm out and need to read a label on something.

I did check with my optician but she said that it wasn't worth getting prescription glasses made whilst my BS is high and it will take 6 weeks for them to settle down once my sugars are at a more acceptable level.

I also have a magnifier sheet that I got from Betterware for £3 which is fab for reading at home as I don't like to rely on the glasses too much

sandymaynard

Hi fuggsy
My eyes are not related to diabeties!
Unlucky no glasses help what so ever! Thank you for thought's Fuggsy!
I know that blood sugar can off set eye's!
But my eyes havenot been perfect since a kid! I used to play pirate Because i had a eyepatch as a kid! As i had a severe lazy eye! Not fun when you get to teenage years and miss out on dates because boys don't want to date a girl with eyepatch!
I luckly lost eye patch aged 16!
I know that my eyes are full time blurry and now have problems with light and dark areas!
I have to wear sunglasses when i am out and about! and when i am in house at night have to have 100 watt light bulb's!
Sandy

Fuggsy

Dislikes
Sorry, I should have read some posts before jumping to conclusions.

For the toothache, may I recommend Oralgel. I have a lot of trouble with my teeth and I too have often been in tears with the pain. Toothache is horrible because you can't get away with it.

Anyways I bought some Oralgel in Tesco for about £4 and tried it as I was desperate. It's wonderful stuff!!!! I had an abscess and once I'd put a drop of oralgel ( which you can also get as extra strength) the pain virtually disappeared for 6 hours, and it worked with a couple of minutes of applying it.

garrycrone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Abcesses are so painful. I have had quite a few (is it common with diabetics?). I avoided warm drinks and sipped ice water to keep the swelling down. Oral aneasthetics worked well for me along with Ibuprofen to reduce swelling. The only proper answer is a dentist I am afraid. If you can convice your doctor ask them to prescribe some antibiotics on an emergency basis whilst you try to get to see the Dentist; amoxicillin is what they prescribed me when I was away on holiday and it worked a treat.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

sandymaynard

Hi Fuggsy
Oh thank you, It worked a treat, shot out all the way to town, well 15 miles away to tesco!
Thank you so much, It worked a treat, The pain seems to have disappered! Even managed to have some home made chicken soup!
I hope that this carry's on at minute no pain! Oh it feels so good! Was thinking a little choclate, Then thought oh no set tooth off again! Not willing to risk that!
Hi Garrycrone,
thanks for info! I can't take ibrophen or asprin as on warfarin! I can't take any sort ot anti imflamatry, Hope i have spelt it right!
It has made me cry on more than one occasion!
Sandy

Fuggsy

Dislikes
Am so pleased it worked. I found it invaluable for toothache and there's now always a tube of it in the house.

I found that the pain seems to go for a good few hours and it enabled me to sleep through the night which in turn helped. I always find pain harder to deal with when I'm tired.

I know it's not that cheap, but I'd have happily paid £50 for it to get rid of my toothache.

Am glad you can eat and fingers crossed that it will tide you over until you get to see the dentist.

I also found, and my dentist told me to do this, that drinking through a straw helps as you can direct the tea/coffee away from the poorly tooth.

sandymaynard

Managed to eat a bit of chicken, But my tooth has started to play up! I have put orajel on!
Other than that bit of chicken i have not eaten! I feel sick and got a real bad head, Blood sugar is sat at 7.8 at minute!
I feel really rough today!
Sandy