Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I don't mind you saying at all :). The only problem is the nearest supermarket is a drive away and I can't drive.

If I didn't hurt so much, it would be much easier to excercise. I have something that begins with FY and I take lots of Gabapentin for it, I have had this for approx. 5 months.

Tomorrow though, I am washing down all my walls - they are just painted and there are 3 flights of stairs, one dining room, 2 landings, one dining room, 7 doors and one living room. I am actually looking forward to it.

I actually think its a good idea to buy online.. Then you aren't so tempted by the **** in the shops!!! Saves petrol and time too... Despite any delivery charges that may be added.

Takes me 3 hours from leaving house to getting home as I always end up in queues or seeing people...

So now send hubby if I can or online. That way I have time to make the home made foods...

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you looked at Carbs & Cals? It is a book you can order from Amazon. Not very expensive and worth every penny. It has colour photos of every food you can think of. The food is shown on a plate, so you can see at a glance how much of the plate is filled. It gives the weight of the item, plus the number of carbs, calories, fat, protein and fibre in that item as shown. I could not have managed without mine when I first started, and I still use it now. There is also a smaller book and an app for phones, but neither are as good as the book.
Have looked on amazon this afternoon, but was not sure which one to buy. Please advise

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't mind you saying at all :). The only problem is the nearest supermarket is a drive away and I can't drive.

If I didn't hurt so much, it would be much easier to excercise. I have something that begins with FY and I take lots of Gabapentin for it, I have had this for approx. 5 months.

Tomorrow though, I am washing down all my walls - they are just painted and there are 3 flights of stairs, one dining room, 2 landings, one dining room, 7 doors and one living room. I am actually looking forward to it.

Scottie, I have the opposite problem. I can throw a stone into Asda car park from my kitchen door. That is true! It is such a temptation.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Right Scottie, this may seem a little hard but, please believe me I have your best interest ar heart.

You said you were going to plan meals, so come on fus up. Where is that sheet of paper.
You said you like salads.
Husband cooks, ok,
But if you are going to wash down paint work tomorrow, you CAN make a 3 egg omelette, with grated cheese thown in plus a side order of salad. ( no bread )

Now give me a valid reason why you can't ???

Yes I am cross with you Scottie. Come on post back and have a go at me.
Hope I've got you annoyed.

wizardo

Yes, a fry up sounds just the thing.

You can eat any meat or fish you want. Just add vegetables or salads, then for dessert a few berries with double cream. What vegetables have you got?

Breakfast - scrambled egg with cheese or a cheese omelette, or boiled eggs.. Or a full fat Greek yogurt with a few berries added.
Lunch - tuna or salmon or eggs with salad including tomatoes and cheese, a pickled onion perhaps, and loads of real mayonnaise. Cold meats maybe.
Tea - any meat or fish with vegetables.

Much the same as my diet. Breakfast 2 fried eggs, 3 or 4 rashers of bacon, one decent sausage, fried tomato and maybe a couple of fried slices of potato and some cafetiere coffee. That sets me up for the day. A lot of the time I don't bother with lunch, if I do, cheese , tuna and a bit of salad. Supper about 10pm, good load of veg, asparagas, avocado, stir fry, leaks or even the Bird's Eye vegetable steam bags with meat or fish. Then berries and cream followed by my favourite yoghurt and copious quantities of wine. It really isn't that bad. I'm never hungry and my weight is a consistent 6 stone, only joking. Quite honestly, I feel quite a glutton, having got down to 11 stone I don't seem to put any weight on. I always thought dieting was painful and a regime of going without food and a miserable life to boot. Well, I love my diet and wouldn't swap it for the World. If my diet is pain, yes please, more pain.

Reactions: 4 people

scottie1

Right Scottie, this may seem a little hard but, please believe me I have your best interest ar heart.

You said you were going to plan meals, so come on fus up. Where is that sheet of paper.
You said you like salads.
Husband cooks, ok,
But if you are going to wash down paint work tomorrow, you CAN make a 3 egg omelette, with grated cheese thown in plus a side order of salad. ( no bread )

Now give me a valid reason why you can't ???ng

Yes I am cross with you Scottie. Come on post back and have a go at me.
Hope I've got you annoyed.

I bought all the things that were advised, but I didn't meal plan.

I do like salads and will eat them.

I know I can cook if I want to, I am just so used to not doing so. This will change, I will cook - I cooked an omelette on Wednesday evening. It wasn't very nice but I could eat it.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought all the things that were advised, but I didn't meal plan.

I do like salads and will eat them.

I know I can cook if I want to, I am just so used to not doing so. This will change, I will cook - I cooked an omelette on Wednesday evening. It wasn't very nice but I could eat it.

Salt and pepper helps.

Did you say you have a 15 year old son. How about getting him to help you do some meal planning, could be fun.
Valentine's day tomorrow, how about you cook your husband a meal, doesn't have to be completed, bet he would appreciate it.

scottie1

I have been cooking, it's just all the meals have spuds in them, hotpot, stew, pie etc. Meals I can't eat anymore but what the children and hubby still can. i still intend to cook these but only for them, it's meals for me I am finding hard.

scottie1

Salt and pepper helps.

Did you say you have a 15 year old son. How about getting him to help you do some meal planning, could be fun.
Valentine's day tomorrow, how about you cook your husband a meal, doesn't have to be completed, bet he would appreciate it.

I don't know what I have done to annoy you. I'm trying so hard.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Scottie, the meals that normally have spuds, swap out your spuds for celeriac or cauliflower. You can roast celeriac like potatoes, chop it into stews and use cauli to make hash browns, dead easy. Google is your friend, tons of easy peasy recipes out there.

Ali

Reactions: 3 people

scottie1

Hi Scottie, the meals that normally have spuds, swap out your spuds for celeriac or cauliflower. You can roast celeriac like potatoes, chop it into stews and use cauli to make hash browns, dead easy. Google is your friend, tons of easy peasy recipes out there.

Ali

Thank you Ali.

wizardo

Salt and pepper helps.

You can tackle this diabetes thing in two ways. Give in, accept your fate, take tablets and carry on as you were with minor tweaks eg a few less chips etc. OR, you get angry and fight back. You dump the carbs completely, no drinks apart from coffee, tea and wine. Get some exercise if you can coupled with No Carb high fat diet.. The weight will drop off and so will the b.g. levels. There is no point discussing which bought soup has the less carbs. Dump them. Don't bother with them.

Reactions: 7 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

Ali
Cauli hash browns, love cali, telle how please

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Make sure:

Thin slices
Bake in oven
Layer in kitchen towel whilst doing other ingredients.

Nom:nom:nom. We only have 4 portions left and I try to make from home grown only, so envious if you going to make!!!

How long and what number oven? Don't want to overcook it ;)

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been cooking, it's just all the meals have spuds in them, hotpot, stew, pie etc. Meals I can't eat anymore but what the children and hubby still can. i still intend to cook these but only for them, it's meals for me I am finding hard.

Why can't the whole family have the same

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Fibromyalgia? I have that too, one of a growing list of ailments! Three flights of stairs? Blimey, I can't even manage one, am in a bunglaow ;) But good for exercising, I used to go to step classes many moons ago, a good workout :)