Music Music Music!

Dislikes
Not being able to have chocolate or alcohol without feeling like a death sentence is being passed!
Hey as this is supposed to be the part of the forum where we talk about everything apart from Diabetes....what music floats your boat people ? :)

And I have some questions...

Very first single bought with your own money ( not that Tinkerbell one your mum bought you )
Mine was Donna Summer's * I feel Love*

Very first album bought with own money ( so not the Wombles then! )

Mine was Parallel Lines by Blondie

Very first concert attended

Mine was Japan in 1982

Christ how cool am I ? LOL! :roll:

C'mon peeps, SPILL!

:)

Sandy
x

sandymaynard

Hi Sandy,
Okay first album i bought myself, I annoyed my mother every day!
Was bat out of hell by meatloaf...

First concert i attend...Watching meatloaf at odean in birmingham! had to wait until i was 20 years old sad or what! Say it wuick sounds not so long ago! 14 years ago!

I have seen pink floyd live last year here at the bic in bournemouth! And kevin bloody wilson! He is a scream live!

Yes i still have the orginal meatloaf tape i had! I got him to sign it as well! Not bad going! Yeap I am sad and proud of it!
Oh one more conffesion i did have dead and alive you spin me right round! God i fancied him when i was a teenager!
There have done my conffesion's now!
Oh i am so sad!
Sandy

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
first single glen cambell rhinestone cowboy only 7 years old
first album top of the pops 1979 only 9 years old
first concert cranberries very good live
am definatly not cool :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Don't think I've ever bough a single to this day. Had nothing to play them on when young and then went straight to albums. First I bought was probably the Beetles( don't remember which)
I do remember the one my boyfriend bought . Bridge over troubled water. We've been married 37 years and the water has had it's share of trouble.
Now I'm into blues and Jazz. Got quite a collection of Sunday times CDs from the charity shop last week. Also some piano boogie, to dance to with baby granddaughter.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I heard "Silent Noon" as set by Vaughan Williams on Radio 3, & bought the album. The other side had his settings of Robert Louis Stephenson's "Songs of Travel" much I much preferred.

I didn't go to many concerts in my younger days due to family & financial constraints, but that is all changing. Hounslow has some enthusiastic musical groups & choirs. I sing with 3 choirs.

Last night we went to a "Hounslow Baroque" concert which included Monteverdi's "Beatus vir" & Rosenmuller's "Dixit Dominus." Last week we sang a Faure concert of his settings of the "Requiem" & "Canticle of Jean Racine." That included his "Dolly Suite" which you will all know & enjoy as the intro to "Listen with Mother."

Are you sitting comfortably :?: :wink: I'm not - I'm suffering from the after pain from shingles :cry: That's why I am up at this time.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ok,
first single i bought was abc..when smokey sings,
first album was shakin stevens,
first concert was culture club.... nowadays i listen to a varied mix of music :lol:

chocoholic

I think my first single was 'Sugar, Sugar' by the Archies or it might have been an Osmonds one.
First Album would probably be a David Cassidy or Osmonds one.
First concert was probably an Osmonds one or Gary Glitter.
Actually my first holiday abroad without my parents was......an Osmonds one. Do you see a pattern forming here? :lol: I was a big Osmonds fan, so went with the Osmonds fan club to the States, at the age of 16. We got to meet all the Osmonds.....in a lay-by........don't ask.......it was a highlight of my teens though.

Thirsty

1st single: Who are You? The Who.

1st album: Houses of the Holy. Led Zeppelin. Liked the cover but only one of the songs. :(

Concerts? I don't usually bother as they make my ears ring for days. I suppose they have to play at that volume to drown out all the screaming idiots. (Ian D is excused as his preferred concerts are unlikely to attract such a crowd.)

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
1st single: Atomic by Blondie
1st album: Dare by Human League
1st concert: Dead or Alive

Too much cheese, definitely an 80s boy whose "taste" has now "developed" into everything from Dolly Parton to Marilyn Manson... :twisted:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First record (ep) 1967 Universal Soldier, Donovan
First LP Joan Baez (it was her first, but I didn't get it until late 60s)
First Concert Brahms Requiem at Festival Hall (O level music)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
First record. Green Onions by Booker T and the MG's. 1962
First Album. The Rolling Stones. 1964
First Concert. Canned Heat in Birmingham. 60's.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Thirsty said:
cugila, I wish I were old enough to have seen Canned Heat live. Al Wilson may well have provided the finest blues harmonica performance ever in the studio version of On the road again..
I bought a harmonica after I heard this Mountain Song from King Solomon's Mines.

lilibet

First single - cant remember. Think it was bought for me- Pink Floyds Brick in the wall

First Album- The Police -zenyata mondata (red one with triangle picture of band!) Or Kings of the Wild Frontier (Adam Ant). Would need to google the dates to check!

First Concert - Frankie goes to Hollywood. I was only just 12, went myself (sister waited outside) cause I cried so much when it was announced and they wouldnt let me go. It was the 2nd album tour.

Am huge huge music fan since I was small. This year Im going to T in the Park, CSN at Edinburgh Castle, ACDC, Depeche Mode, seen Morrissey etc etc.

Like classical too mind you. Been to few operas/concerts also.

Wont be pretentious and use the work eclectic.................. :lol:

peppiB

First single - Sweets for my Sweet, Searchers (Father was a preacher and disapproved of Beatles!)
Album - Please Please Me , Beatles (kept it hidden from Father)

Used to watch Animals in their Newcastle 'home' (Club a Gogo), saw Gerry & Pacemakers, Fortunes, Roy Orbison, Del Shannon and many other in the nightclubs of the day. Only 'Mega' concert I have been to was Queen

philg

First single - Eddie Calvert Oh Mein Papa about 1954 on 78rpm
First LP - Probably Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall Concert about 1957.
First concert - Louis Armstrong in Germany about 1961

Dates are approx as memory began to fade after Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 (The Hendrix one) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trinkwasser

I'm too old to remember!

And even if I did you may not have heard of them. I knew lots of people (including musicians) who had most of the mainstream records between them so I concentrated on the obscure stuff, especially jazz.

Chris McGregor's Brotherhood Of Breath anyone?

Or how about Keith Tippett's Centipede (a fifty+ piece band with three drummers) playing at the Rainbow Finsbury Park with Joe's Lights.

I still remember when John Coltrane was alive though I never got to see him play.

<sigh> I know more dead musicians than live ones

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dates are approx as memory began to fade after Isle Of Wight Festival 1970
y
I desparately wanted to go to that but my parents wouldn't let me, I was 18! Times have changed.