Very bad hypo

MattyBoy

Has anyone ever had a very bad hypo. Ive been a type 1 diabetic for 3 years now and ive had 3 very bad hypos. I get a very bad head ache then end up vomiting in the night and my sugar level is low :(

martinsoton

Ive had a 2.1 before. Even then as long as i took something sweet, ie fat coke, within minutes i was feeling fine again. Do you take something when you hypo??

jskaife

The worst hypo I ever had was 0.9 according to my monitor. I found it extremely hard to keep my eyes open and embarrassingly needed help to eat lol

I have been a diabetic close to 12 years now, and im only 21 lol

MattyBoy

Yes I do eat when I have a hypo :) I used to over heat badly but not now but I do get re-bounds :(

When I get the very bad head aches I do my sugar level and its low otherwise I wouldnt think it was a hypo.

Well it depends what a VERY bad hypo is ...

Ive had type 1 diabetes for 3 months nd already my lowest hypo has been 2.9 :?

And that was because i went swimming and didnt take any glucose after!

I get shaky so my legs are wobbling,
My hands get very fumbling
and i also have this feeling in the pit of my stomach. :shock:

But its usually easily to solve ....

CrazyyGirlieee x :D

Miasma

My worst hypo was 1.6, I've been diagnosed nearly 6 months and I'm 18, I was sat in bed with my boyfriend and I felt fine, then absolutely suddenly I felt like I was going to pass out, managed to make it to my sisters room and fell over onto the bed, everytime i blinked it went black and i couldn't keep myself concious, she kept making me sing to keep me from passing out haha.
that was real scary, not had a hypo in a while since though.
xo

bonerp

When I was younger, 8-12 I used to have very bad hypos at night, even fitting. My ma and pa used to come in and pin me down before squirting various sugary things into me. I'd be sick as a pig the next day.

I remember one time on holiday in Poole I had such a bad hypo I cracked a bone in my heel kicking the bed frame so hard. That happened twice that week and ended up in hospital twice - same ambulance crew too both nights! Woke the whole hotel as well :oops:

Also collapsed in London around the same age as woke up in St Pancras! Didn't know a thing about it!

That was when I was on animal insulin. Now on human I don't have anywhere near the same violent hypos.

Scary. I now live alone so if it happened now god only knows what would happen to me!

I always carry glucose tabs and have car, house, work and coat pockets full of a tube or two.

Paul

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some hypos are very bad even if you're only 3mmol, it depends how your control is. Mine is V tight at present and I can walk around and function quite well at 2.0mmol it would seem :roll: then it will hit me all at once and to me it's very bad.

susan1968

Hello everyone, my lowest level has been 1 and I managed to go to the kitchen and drink a juice. Once I had a very bad hypo and I can´t remember much what happened, I just know that my husband had to inject "glucagon" and when I was myself again and asked him what on earth was he doing with that needle in his hand he said: "I´ve just injected the Glucagon"; I thought he was kidding but unfortunately he wasn´t. I hope it doesn´t happen again :wink:

sms

A have had quite a few hypos in my time, I always keep glucose tablets or a small carton of apple/orange juice with me and it has saved my skin many times. Lowest has probably been about 1.5 and that was scary, especially when you know there is still insulin in your system.

Everyone reacts different to hypos and I even react different in different circumstance, sometime I can run 3 and feel fine and other times I can go really hot, disorientated and dizzy. Practice makes perfect with carb counting and mistakes are made along the way.