Type 1 Holidays

sawestall43

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will be going abroad in a couple of months time. Does anybody know if I need a letter to say I am carrying insulin and needles.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its been a while since I have been abroad, but I am sure I got a letter just in case on all the occasions I went abroad........

where they ever used.........no.............;)

Indigal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I will be going abroad in a couple of months time. Does anybody know if I need a letter to say I am carrying insulin and needles.
Hi, I'm going abroad and because I'm on Victoza my DN wrote me a letter saying I have to carry the Pens plus needles and testing kit, esp as they need to go in my hand lugguage. The airports are quite strict so I wouldn't risk going without.
:oops:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always best to get a letter just in case, but the likelihood of being asked to produce one at the airports are very slim (going by people's experiences on the forum).

Just be aware, some gp surgery's charge for the letter, if your does and your under the care of a hospital diabetes clinic then ask them to do one for you instead, they'll do it free of charge.

sawestall43

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always best to get a letter just in case, but the likelihood of being asked to produce one at the airports are very slim (going by people's experiences on the forum).

Just be aware, some gp surgery's charge for the letter, if your does and your under the care of a hospital diabetes clinic then ask them to do one for you instead, they'll do it free of charge.
Thank you for the advice.

Reactions: 2 people