Pancakes - who's having them tonight?

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hadn't even realised what day it was.

I doubt I will make any unless the other half asks for them as all the fillings I used to have were very high carb as well as the pancake,honey and orange juice or chocolate sauce being the main culprits.

I know there are alternatives but as I'm not particularly bothered its easier to just not bother.

A

AnnieC

Yes I agree Ruth if you can't have the same fillings as you had before diabetes then they are just not be the same so I probably won't bother with them either

linda321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried making pancakes with almond flour - complete disaster! So might make some 'proper' ones for the family but won't have one myself.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll be making them at the weekend. I never seem to get around to it on the 'proper day'. I'll look up a low carb recipe - there's one using ricotta cheese. The filling isn't a problem for me because I usually have them with just a little lemon juice sprinkled over them anyway. I may treat myself with a few berries with them this year. :)

A

AnnieC

I tried making pancakes with almond flour - complete disaster! So might make some 'proper' ones for the family but won't have one myself.
Sadly everything I have tried making with almond flour has been a disaster same with any flour alternative come to that

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I won't be having any, mainly because I hadn't realised it was Shrove Tuesday. At home my mother used to put lemon juice and sugar on them.

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't think i will be having any pancakes today.. used to love them in my previous life, covered withe lemon and sugar :(

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Will give them a miss .
Got a tasty casserole planned anyway .

britincali

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had two big proper ones with sugar and lemon, friggin wonderful and I judged the bolus spot on :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I made Egg Foo Yung last night, which are a kind of savoury, thick pancake, made with eggs (surprise), coconut flour, fish sauce, white wine vinegar, spinach, ham and spring onions. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, but they were absolutely great!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I make low carb Paleo pumpkin puree pancakes.
Served withe cream and blueberries.
Delish.

Mind you, we completely forgot it was Shrove Tuesday! :happy:

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
I must admit I had five..
Mind you I had just stepped through the door after a 10 mile muddy run, so I felt I had earned a treat (or 5).
No sugar though - I had a cheese and ham filling - brilliant!