High protein low carbs

martinsoton

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any ideas, i am trying hard to loose weight and get fit. I am quite a big guy, currently 115kg (253lbs). I have played alot of rugby over the years so i am well built but carrying a little bit of extra weight. I am currenly on a high protein low carb diet.

I am eating alot of eggs chicken, and tuna. Are there any negative side effects to a high protien diet, i do eat some carbs in the form normally of brown breat but am trying to keep it as little as possible.

(Im type 1 diabetic)

harveygarza19

Top 15 Reasons to Avoid Low Carb, High Protein Diets

Low carb (carbohydrate), high protein diets are the latest dieting craze. However, before you jump on the band wagon, you may want to consider a few things:

Click here...

bunty

I decided to try the low carb-high protein diet mentioned a lot here and i hated it.

Initially i lost weight but i was tired all the time and felt generally unwell.

I wasnt hungry, as i consumed a lot of calories in the form of fats but i still felt tired.

Then, to my horror, i had gained weight! I assume this was because i ate too many fats.

So, back to square one and lowish carbs and lowish fats and reasonable levels of protein and after one week i already have more energy.

Mind you, i havent lost the gained weight, as far as i know and i am utterly hacked off with everything and decided not to even look for a few weeks!

bunty

Trinkwasser

Nothing works for everyone. I don't follow any authoritative diet, I eat what my meter tells me works

http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -test.html

which just curiously turned out to be almost the exact opposite of what the dietician told me to eat and even more curiously turned out to normalise my BG and lipids, reduce my blood pressure and cause me to lose the weight I'd been gaining.

Coincidentally it turned out to be similar to Protein Power or Primal. This works for *me* in that I have regained my previous energy levels and need to snack less also.

What works for you may well differ. Tweak, test and repeat until you find your balance.