Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have about 1400 cals and carbs vary between 20 to 60g. I use mfp too now. This is what mfp says

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I watch what i eat and keep an eye on carbs but don't count them. I have lost a bit of weight recently but not surprised with the amount of bugs i keep getting.:-|:-|:)

Reactions: 10 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm opposite to you john- full working weekend of 7.30am- 5pm and 7.30am-6 pm! ! Going to have to try and treat Friday as my weekend day!! Working next two Sundays following too, but more civilised 9-5 :oops:
Oh I so know those type of weekends. Mines 8.30 til whatever time we finish which could be 8.30pm or later. My weekend tends to be Monday and Tuesday.

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Occasionally work weekends with CRUK. Mainly work weekends with Girls Brigade or youth group. One of our young people text me today to check I was ok bless them

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After my naughty Monday this week I have got my numbers back down to the 4s and 5s. Won't be eating like that again for a while, felt quite bloated and sluggish Tuesday and Wednesday. Still we live and learn, as long as I don't make a habit of it no harm done;)

Reactions: 13 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling very frustrated.....nurse said definitely back today, results receptionist saying "Oh no, not today, two days at least...." (held back from telling her all my others, including the fateful diagnosis one) were all within 24 hrs! My dn did say to tell them she said they would be in, but she wouldn't listen! So still waiting now until tomorrow morning....:mad:
I have a theory that all receptionists have aspirations to be Attila the hen. Some of them have qualified with honours

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a theory that all receptionists have aspirations to be Attila the hen. Some of them have qualified with honours
Sounds like most of them although some are nice. Spoken to asthma nurse who is going to ring me tomorrow and see how things are had two small attacks today. Just going to bed.
Night all

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Forgot to post today,
4.8 mmol/l fasting
5.1 mmol/l pre dinner
7.0 mmol/l 2 hour post meal

Reactions: 19 people
S

Sable_Jan

Oh Jan hope your not getting the dreaded lergy. Take care wrap up warm
Cleared somewhat throughout the day but headache lasted "in the background" pretty much all day. Hope you are feeling better soon. I was going to suggest the Alpro yoghurts but seem to recall you can't eat soya? If I'm wrong they are the plain, not fruit ones, one with coconut the other almond. Low carb, smooth and taste lovely

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Jan, why did you feel the need for bread and butter at 2am? I've never snacked, so I find snacking at almost any time pretty alien, but I can't think I've ever, ever eaten in the middle of the night, unless I was up preparing to travel or the like.

Do you have any aspirations to drop any weight, or are you where you want to be on that front?

I'm not criticising, just somewhat bemused.
Sometimes when I'm woken in the middle of the night by the dog wanting out and I've gone downstairs I sometimes feel so ravenously hungry by the time the other two have been down the garden and back I have to eat something. If I don't eat I can't get back to sleep. Waking for my own "comfort breaks" I'm fine cos its just across the landing and back to bed. I DO need to drop weight but in half asleep state its not the first thing on your mind :(

Criticism never crossed my mind so don't worry about that. :)

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cleared somewhat throughout the day but headache lasted "in the background" pretty much all day. Hope you are feeling better soon. I was going to suggest the Alpro yoghurts but seem to recall you can't eat soya? If I'm wrong they are the plain, not fruit ones, one with coconut the other almond. Low carb, smooth and taste lovely
I love the Alpro yogurts i am fine with soya but all nuts coconut dairy some and fresh water fish are out. I have to be careful of additives, preservatives and sulphates too. Shopping can be fun at our house, oh and Dad is no wheat or gluten:):):):).

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
95 mg/dl or 5.28 mmoles/l , upward trend continues.

Just made a measurement for 1 hour after first bite and got 97 mg/dl ie 5.39 mmoles/l, shall do another test for the 2 hours after.
After 2 hours 100 mg/dl or 5.55 mmoles/l
After 3 hours. 98 mg/dl or 5.44 mmoles/l.

I seem to be very insulin resistant, please correct me if I am wrong.

I now feel better after having read this,http://chriskresser.com/when-your-“normal”-blood-sugar-isn’t-normal-part-2

and this , http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.co.il/2007/10/physiological-insulin-resistance.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 23 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.2 will be back in my more normal 5s next week once my Russian colleagues have gone home.

Reactions: 20 people
Status
Not open for further replies.