Whats the most amount of fast acting insulin you've injected to cover a meal?

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Paul J and welcome to you. I would love to know why my pancreas packed up. My life style was healthy and I was always blessed with good health. I think because things "went wrong" even being healthy how could I justify even if I wanted to by eating loads of carbs and injecting higher and higher amounts of insulin I'd feel like I was purposely doing even more damage to myself. I don't mean this in any judgmental way it's just how I'd feel about it and I don't think I could cope. Does that make sense?

Reactions: 2 people

Paul J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
all the things i should have.....well some anyway
I was diagnosed at 31. Type 1 is an auto immune condition which means our bodies attack our own bodies and destroy certain organs, my granddaughter was diagnosed at 2 1/2 years.
any youngster has my best wishes, its a bummer of a condition as it makes us so dependant on meds for life, and being"spontaneous" is not straight forward any longer, at least I had the fun of living through my 20s 30s and 40s being care free,
Oh, and Im fully aware of my auto immune problem, And I'm sure your not trying to teach your grandmother to suck eggs..lol, also can be caused through stress, and poisoning, so I'm am informed, A good friend of mine went T1 about 6 months before me, and hers was put down to likely arsenic poisoning, from the paint dust from sanding the floors in her Victorian semi! she also sanded through a heating pipe,, and I went to mend it...... 6 months later... I went T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
any youngster has my best wishes, its a bummer of a condition as it makes us so dependant on meds for life, and being"spontaneous" is not straight forward any longer, at least I had the fun of living through my 20s 30s and 40s being care free,
Oh, and Im fully aware of my auto immune problem, And I'm sure your not trying to teach your grandmother to suck eggs..lol, also can be caused through stress, and poisoning, so I'm am informed, A good friend of mine went T1 about 6 months before me, and hers was put down to likely arsenic poisoning, from the paint dust from sanding the floors in her Victorian semi! she also sanded through a heating pipe,, and I went to mend it...... 6 months later... I went T1

Yes it could be brought on by an accident, illness, shock and worry, been there myself. But it's still an auto immune condition. My 2 1/2 granddaughter was diagnosed with type 1. no shock, worry or stress for her and children throughout the world are constantly ill, as the immune system doesn't kick in properly until about 8 years old.

RRB

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
False, patronising people who assume they know everything about me!
The highest dose I've ever injected was 42 units.......for a sandwich!!!!!!! But I was insulin resistant at the time!!!! Then I went on to Byetta, that made me feel sooooo nauseous that I changed my diet to low carb and I was able to ditch the insulin and the Byetta!! I'm now on Metformin - 1 500mg tab a day, Sitagliptin, Gliclazide, and Lantus. Unfortunately the Gliclazide has done nothing for my weight.....I've put on all the weight I managed to lose.....but they work well for me!!

Reactions: 2 people