testing

RiffRaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people that have no manners,,
just had a 14 day run of testing with the codefree meter and keeping a sort of food diary not counting carbs or any thing, just what i eat and drink throught the day and testing before and after meals sort of puts a new light on it for me.going to do it for a complete month to what gives me high readings then go from there. readings are all a foreing language at the moment but im figuring out stuff that makes it go higher in my own fashion it will all come with time one thing is my love affair with the sandwich has to come to an end. and another bonous is no side effects from taking actos at all, were as metformin was a nightmare

what i have noticed is around lunch time i get a bit of sicky feeling till i get somthing to eat wierd never had that before most days i used to skip lunch oh well it will work its self out

Riff

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stick at it I say. You will find Yer own way!

Your not an ACah/DaCah fan perchance?

RiffRaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
i have no idea what they are

RiffRaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lol ACah/DaCah i thought it was some abreviation for some thing to do with diabetes but hey ho

Reactions: 2 people

Tony Allo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Became Diabetic just after the new year, after being told end October that they'd try me on diet only and was given some paperwork on what is good to eat and not, and the amounts, absolute B-llocks all the food they recommended mainly Carbs and veg, totally wrong, the NHS needs a good shake up on there Diabetic administration and information they hand out.
So January I went and bought a Aviva Nano, tested myself twice a day, before Breakfast and 2 hours after and before evening meal and 2 hours after, early readings around 17.00mmol to 21.50mmol, writing down what I ate and taking advice from Guys and Gals from this site I reduced my carbs by reducing, bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, vegetables grown under the ground, carrots, parsnips, etc and my glucose levels started dropping quite quickly, month on I'm looking at 6.50mmol to 8.50mmol.
So I asked my Doctor for a repeat prescription for my Lancets and test strips, standard answer came back type 2 diabetics don't need to test, my answer was apart from it being cost to the NHS, how is a type 2 Diabetic supposed to know how their glucose levels are doing and as I already have a meter and proven, I not only reduced my glucose readings but done it on a low carb diet not the NHS recommended diet, why are type 2 diabetics told they don't need testing only the standard 3 monthly fasting test.
He could not answer, I walked out of there with a new Element meter and a repeat prescription for a month supply of test strips and lancets for testing 2 a day.
Also get a FP92A from your GP as all your prescriptions are no free, this is a important certificate to have other wise the government can charge you for your prescriptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people