Temptation

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Just a little boast that today buying my coffee as usual was a hideous chore as Cafe Nero have a new dark and white chocolate cheese cake.

I averted my gaze, walked out with my coffee and then stood in the window for want seemed an age.

Easter is going to be tough. I have promised myself a single cream egg and am stockpiling novorapid in anticipation. :p

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thankfully i don't have that temptation towards cake and Easter eggs, but there's some really good dark chocolates around (85% cocoa) should you want to try them, once is from Aldi where each individual bar contains 4g of carbs.

Reactions: 2 people

sharlie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Noblehead what are these dark chocolate bars from aldi called. I must pop in there tomorrow.

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @noblehead, I have a tremendous set tooth unfortunately!

Don't know about Aldi (will check it out!!) But there is a hotel chocolate on my way home from work. Their Supermilk range is awesome and their pistachio pralines are to die for! 13g carbs for 3!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Noblehead what are these dark chocolate bars from aldi called. I must pop in there tomorrow.

The brand name is Moser Roth, the pack has 5 individual bars of chocolate and each one has 4g of carbs (as already mentioned).

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sainsbury also do a similar thing s party of their taste the difference range. They are also 85%.

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hotel chocolat do 100%! Yes 100% pure cocoa bars. Ok if u like dark chocolate I guess. I square is plenty tho. It hits the spot if u r in need of a little chocolate fix. And like I said no added or milk sugar at all

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hotel chocolat do 100%! Yes 100% pure cocoa bars. Ok if u like dark chocolate I guess. I square is plenty tho. It hits the spot if u r in need of a little chocolate fix. And like I said no added or milk sugar at all
There's a great chocolate shop in Borough Market that does a range of 100% bars. They are amazing.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy this when I am near a Hotel Chocolat, unfortunately we don't have one anywhere near here.
Sainsbury also do a similar thing s party of their taste the difference range. They are also 85%.
Picked these up last night when I was doing the shopping.

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There is a Hotel Chocolat opposite my office. I am going to search out this 100% chocolate. I have a terrific sweet tooth :(
I must be restrained as I am still on a mission to lose weight. So far, over 2 months of low-carbing (under 20g a day) and total weightloss is 1 kg. Still, my levels are generally good. Trying to focus on the silver lining...

Oh, and apologies to noblehead; thank you to whoever edited my post above! :shy: