Type 1 Diabetic With NEW Tattoo

jskaife

Hey Guys

I got my first tattoo on Thursday and I really wanted to share it and find out what other diabetics thought of it.

Would love to hear your thoughts and maybe if you got any questions I could help you

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 14052009166.jpg
    14052009166.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 8,444
  • 16052009167.jpg
    16052009167.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6,250

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Well no-one will miss it
I'm not a tatoo fan( old fusty Grandma!), but that could help you and you won't forget to take it with you.

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
It looks totally mint mate! I've got a sleeve but I'd NEVER thought about getting a diabetes related design! Inspiration! Seriously though, that looks really nice.

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Nice Tat!

I got mine done 2 years ago before I was diagnosed and I think if a got another my hubby would kill me! But nice idea!

Louise

flojos mum

I think its brilliant, no need to worry that if you are ever really ill, the fact that you are diabetic wont be missed and it looks great as well. Not to everyones taste but life would be boring if we all acted and thought the same.
What a great idea it was to have it done prehaps you`ll start a trend of people having them done for various medical conditions, though I will be telling Chloe she cant have one for at least 10 years, shes only 11 and maybe a bit smaller dont want to give her grand parents a shock!!

Lel

That is fab!!

i have a few myself and i was thinking of the same sort of idea for my next one.
Now i have seen how good it can look i am going to get cracking with the design.

Great idea and it looks amazing.

MattyBoy

Nice tattoo. There is a guy who works in the garage by me who is also a type 1 diabetic and he has "insulin dependant' and ' diabetic' down his arms.

jskaife

Hey Guys

Thanks for all your replies, its actually quite satisfying to know that you all think its pretty good.
Im just not keen on those medic alert tags and you have to have that fiddly bit of paper inside saying your diabetic and what insulin your taking etc. Just thought this was cooler and less effort. lol

Iv seen some pretty cool designs on the net, probably the best was a Syringe instead of a pin and the snakes wrapped around it were more detailed but didnt really want colour on this design so went for something a bit more basic.

Anyway glad you like, maybe if anyone else gets one done they could post up on here too. :wink:

Take it Easy

J.

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
I think this is brillaint.I want one but seeing as im a woman in my fifties having had type 1 for 39years im too old.Years ago i was told i couldnt have one!!so never bothered i dont even carry a card or anything on me in case i ever hypod on my own or out i know i should but never think.I know you will all think im stupid but ive never really bothered.When we are diagnosed we should be tatooed :lol: :lol: :lol: and have a choice of type of tatoo etc.Imagine what none diabetics would think!!Only joking but your tattoo is brilliant i wish i was young again i would well have one. :lol: :lol:

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Sugarybibs

I don't think you are ever too old for a tat. I got mine when I was 38 after having wanted one ever since I could remember. When I did go my mum came and got one too - it turned out she had always wanted one too and she was 65! Then my american aunt came to visit and she saw ours and then had one before she went home. Mind you none of us have told my 98 year old Nan -goodness knows what she might say! :shock:

It is really fun as people do not expect it of us, it is always good to do things that are a little bit unpredictable at times!

Louise

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Well after reading Troubr familys ages when they got tattoos i think i will get one!!I reckon all us diabetics should get one free :lol: :lol: what do you all think?At least if we collapsed in street and we had a tattoo relating to our diabetes where one could see it it would be better than someone looking in your bag or pockets etc!!!!

Aoife

Thats cool :D Great idea! I thought this thread was going to be along the lines of worrying about whether it would take longer to heal, lol. Incidentally do any of you find this? I had mine done when I was seventeen and in my reckless-about-diabetes phase, and it healed completely normally and quickly, and I really want another!

yipster29

Like Aoife I hadn't read this thread very quickly as thought would be about healing etc!

It looks gr8 and I'm v tempted to get a slightly smaller version... though my partner won't approve!! :roll:

But.... what about when we all get magically cured in 2 years with stem cell treatment???... suppose you could get a big red 'CURED' or 'EX-' or something over the top of it! :lol:

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Hey yipster. Don't your spell checker work. This 'aint a phone you know.

D.

yipster29

no I know it isn't but I was at work and it was quicker to write like that and log off than get caught!!! :lol:

Promise I'll use the queens English next time :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think Dipsticky was a teacher or something. Gr8. :D

Ken.

yipster29

Well I did nearly point out that aint aint in the dictionary ain aint.... but thought better of it!!!

:lol: :lol: