Hypo awareness

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all , I've recently discovered im almost completely losing my hypo symptoms until my B/S its really low ( 2.1 the other day). This has never happened to me and i honestly thought it wouldnt with me being so high all the time... but diabetes throws me yet another curveball haha. Can anyone help me out with how to possibly "reset myself" (for want of a better phrase haha :p ) to fell them a bit earlier if there is a way to do this?
Thanks guys
Novowolf

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The usual advice is to run bg levels higher for several weeks and test regular to avoid any lows, this is said to help restore hypo awareness symptoms but doesn't always work unfortunately, if in doubt have a word with your DSN.

Reactions: 2 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
I have had this problem for about 4years and I have tried every way to reverse this,but I haven't been able too. I test B/S more frequently,approximately 12 times day and night and manage to keep my B/S between 5&6without to much problems.Saying all this I am about to go on a pump in the next 6 weeks which I believe will improve my problem.

Kelsie

I had the same problem and it had returned however it's intermittent. If I fall gradually, I can go in the 2's and not notice a thing but if I drop dramatically then I have symptoms. So I test very regularly and always before driving even if it's only a two min journey. I get my pump 10th march so fingers crossed that will help :) the pump is meant to be really good for regaining hypo awareness

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I had the same problem and it had returned however it's intermittent. If I fall gradually, I can go in the 2's and not notice a thing but if I drop dramatically then I have symptoms. So I test very regularly and always before driving even if it's only a two min journey. I get my pump 10th march so fingers crossed that will help :) the pump is meant to be really good for regaining hypo awareness

Which pump are you going for Kelsie?