anyone had big weight losses with lchf diet

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a lot of weight to lose? Do very obese people have much success with lchf diet? Please tell me your story. I need inspiration .

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Most people lose weight with LCHF if that's what they want to do, for some it's trickier to balance the calories when wanting to stop losing weight. For me I went from 90kg to 70kg in about 7-8 months.

Reactions: 2 people

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most people lose weight with LCHF if that's what they want to do, for some it's trickier to balance the calories when wanting to stop losing weight. For me I went from 90kg to 70kg in about 7-8 months.
Well done. Do you feel better for it. I've lost over 1 stone. First of many. Thanks for your reply.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well done. Do you feel better for it. I've lost over 1 stone. First of many. Thanks for your reply.
Absolutely - fitter, lower BP etc. I wonder how I managed to carry a well-filled check-in suitcase around with me before, because that's what it effectively was.

Reactions: 4 people

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I've lost 29lbs since November. Had a 4 week plateau of not losing any and now it's started up again. Wasn't eating enough it seems. ;)

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost over 31% of my weight, which was 4stone 4lbs, and am now struggling to maintain my current weight. It was very easy. The weight just fell off me nice and steady. No plateaux or stalling.

Reactions: 11 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst I'm not strictly LCHF more LCMF I have lost over a stone since just before Christmas.

Reactions: 8 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I lost 88 lbs, took about 18 months using LCHF. The beginning was a bit tough ,getting used to the new portion sizes. Now its simple enough to maintain also because I would never wish to be overweight ever again. Anybody with a strong and determined approach can lose weight.

Reactions: 6 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've lost 2 stones, the first was between October and middle of and December, lost nothing first two weeks of January, then the second was in a matter of weeks since doing lchf. some weeks i can lose up to 5Ib others hardly anything but it is all going in the right direction, another stone to go. so far I have lost 28Ib of potatoes. fancy carrying that around with you all day, :eek:

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I began lchf (more lcmf) late June I was approaching it from blood levels point of view, didn't think about weight loss somehow and after decades of thinking low fat etc didn't expect it to happen how it has....
In 18 weeks I had lost over 3 stone, that was up until end of October, currently my total is now just over 5 stone! Doesn't even feel like a "diet" I still want another Jean size down, ideally by end of June for my "anniversary" on diagnosis.....The way it's going it will be way before then though. I'm never going to be a plank as I'm very tall and prefer my shape (hence I don't like seeing my kg figures but obviously they allow for my frame being 6 2 1/2)
I'm currently fitting in a 16 tops and dresses from dorothy perkins and new look, 18 jeans which at the moment are from "yours" as they are the only one in town that do a 34" leg!

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I began lchf (more lcmf) late June I was approaching it from blood levels point of view, didn't think about weight loss somehow and after decades of thinking low fat etc didn't expect it to happen how it has....
In 18 weeks I had lost over 3 stone, that was up until end of October, currently my total is now just over 5 stone! Doesn't even feel like a "diet" I still want another Jean size down, ideally by end of June for my "anniversary" on diagnosis.....The way it's going it will be way before then though. I'm never going to be a plank as I'm very tall and prefer my shape (hence I don't like seeing my kg figures but obviously they allow for my frame being 6 2 1/2)
I'm currently fitting in a 16 tops and dresses from dorothy perkins and new look, 18 jeans which at the moment are from "yours" as they are the only one in town that do a 34" leg!
now I have problems with trouser lengths from the other end, being 5 foot and a fag end I have to search for short lengths all the time, or take them up. I am between a size 16 and 14 at the moment, want to get down to a 12.

Reactions: 8 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost 3 stone last year, 2 1/2 of that was from the end of April which was when I started watching the carbs. Stalled a bit for a few weeks after Christmas but started to see movement downwards again last week (fingers crossed its not just a blip). I don't low carb as much as some, I allow myself 80 - 120g per day but I am happy with the slow steady weight loss I managed last year.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost about 5 1/2 at since diagnosis last May. I don't do high fat really as everything has calories in it and fat more so - instead I ditched the carbs and found my appetite for everything greatly reduced so moderate fat and lots of variety in the veg front seemed to do the trick.

Reactions: 11 people

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst I'm not strictly LCHF more LCMF I have lost over a stone since just before Christmas.
Well done. Hope I can be successful. Thanks for replying
I've lost about 5 1/2 at since diagnosis last May. I don't do high fat really as everything has calories in it and fat more so - instead I ditched the carbs and found my appetite for everything greatly reduced so moderate fat and lots of variety in the veg front seemed to do the trick.
Fantastic!! You are truly inspirational. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: 5 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad to be of help, its the wonderful others on this forum that are the inspirational ones not me,

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi kimbo. Well doe. Thanks for sharing your story. Do you really high fat or do you have to have moderate fats in order to lose weight. Did your by levels come down straight away or did you have to wait until you had lost some weight. I have been low carving for 3 weeks and have lost a stone. My by levels have gone from 14s to between 6 and 7 but I can't get any lower. No meds. Thanks for your help. X

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's ok- sharing is how we help each other here!
My levels went from 61 to 53 in 6 weeks then 53 to 38 12 weeks later so they started reducing from the start!
I was on forxiga one a day from late June until January this year and then went meds free, doing diet and exercise only and I just had a hba1c of 39 so no meds doesn't seem to have impacted
I'm more moderate than high fat - a couple of coffees with cream in a day, bacon, eggs, cheese - i don't fry bacon, never have, I grill. If I have greens with meat I pop a knob of butter on and I usually have either strawberries or raspberries every day with cream

Reactions: 3 people