Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just stayed in 6 all weekend even on a salad I am 6.something. Still all readings on batch 44 unadjusted.
Last evening though I kept my strips in a warm room and got a 4.9 before going to bed.
Fasting again was 6.5
Not impressed at all but want to finish these 44 batch strips asap.

Reactions: 15 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Ally, if at all possible, try doing a little more exercise of any kind.

Exercise is what's making all the difference for me. :)
See that's my big problem.
I can't exercise because of serious back problems.
I'm off to the hospital in fact in a moment or two for yet another prodding and poking and investigative chat with the neurologist.
I've always been very fit strong active till about six years ago and bang .... can hardly move!
But still I've still lost weight and at six foot three a tadge over fifteen stone at my age aint to bad .... in fact I aint aiming for any lower.

Reactions: 11 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you. How are you doing now? Seems to be the time of year for chronic illnesses to rear their heads.x
Getting there slowly i hope. Still got chest and infection been put on long course of antibiotics till i see immune system people in just over a week. Chest still very grumpy and sore but will live:)

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Getting there slowly i hope. Still got chest and infection been put on long course of antibiotics till i see immune system people in just over a week. Chest still very grumpy and sore but will live:)

Hope they can do something for you. xx

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
See that's my big problem.
I can't exercise because of serious back problems.
I'm off to the hospital in fact in a moment or two for yet another prodding and poking and investigative chat with the neurologist.
I've always been very fit strong active till about six years ago and bang .... can hardly move!
But still I've still lost weight and at six foot three a tadge over fifteen stone at my age aint to bad .... in fact I aint aiming for any lower.
You have my best wishes brother

I HATE a bad back.

Mike

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've had one chest infection in my life and thought I was dying!!!
But then I'm a bloke so it's to be expected.
Hope you get well soon Lou.

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning was 6.1' seem to between 5.8 and 6.2 most days. (Have just done a check now, just over hour and half from breakfast and 6.9)

Reactions: 16 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my 3 month check up. A1C was 5.4. :)

6 months Metformin free!! Dr. is very impressed. I go back in three months, and if my numbers are still this good.... She is going to remove "diabetic" from my charts are replace it with "short period of high glucose levels". :)

Last few weeks have been busy, and I haven't had much time to partisipate here. On another good note, my niece won a gold medal in the Canada Winter Games for Archery. Possible Olympic future for her. Total thrill for a 15 year old!

They started clearing the streets here in prep for spring, exposing the drains....etc. Would know it with last nights temp of -34c

16421820228_6619b1fc9b_b.jpg

That is brilliant news Marko. Congratulations to you and your niece. :)

Reactions: 12 people

Neverbloobloo

Hi guys, a little tip I got from an early diabetes course for simple exercise. When watching TV get up during the adverts and walk up the stairs (if you have any) Over a period of weeks you will be amazed how much this helps, not only with your weight but by improving your mobility. Keep a little log and see how much you improve.

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys, a little tip I got from an early diabetes course for simple exercise. When watching TV get up during the adverts and walk up the stairs (if you have any) Over a period of weeks you will be amazed how much this helps, not only with your weight but by improving your mobility. Keep a little log and see how much you improve.

That's what I do!

Reactions: 10 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Always keep active :) No matter what. Great suggestion

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Me too.... nose-dived in the passport office in Newport on Christmas Eve... they rallied round and sorted me out... half of the staff had family who are 1 or 2, so they knew what to give me... I definitely can get too low and have a hypo...
I stand corrected then. I'm curious though, how low do you go and why do you think your liver is not kicking in?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I was told go for a mile walk every day,at the end of the week ....i was 7 miles away::))

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.7 at the beginning of yet another hectic week - holidays in a couple of weeks time though, even if that always makes the run-up more frenetic getting things done.

Reactions: 18 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you try accucheck for another reading?

No, I am waiting for some new cassettes to arrive, but I'm not on batch 44 now and this current batch 61 is fine. I did re-test and got exactly the same reading. My after breakfast reading confirmed it.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking about the run of days <5 yesterday was the kiss of death. 5.0 today.

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.