Insanity Workout

molby14

Hey, I'm just heading into my 2nd month of Insanity workout dvds with Shaun T. Just wondering has anyone else done it and how did they manage their sugar levels during it?

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hi, I do T25 and reduce my pump basal 30mins before and have a small snack (a biscuit maybe) just before. The combination of both seems to help. I do the Beta cardio sections mainly which are quite intense for 25mins! I find my bg drops for about an hour post exercise too so the snack helps with that

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi, I do T25 and reduce my pump basal 30mins before and have a small snack (a biscuit maybe) just before. The combination of both seems to help. I do the Beta cardio sections mainly which are quite intense for 25mins! I find my bg drops for about an hour post exercise too so the snack helps with that

That's interesting Debloubed, I'm reading up on exercising on a pump and from what I gather the changes in basal rate should be made 1-2 hours before exercising, I'm still a little cautious doing too much at the moment until I get a bit more familiar with things.