Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
3.7 on an early start for a busy day
Crumbs, is that low for you? I think I'd be in trouble with that! Not that i've ever seen it on my meter.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Bedtime - 6.6
Fasting - 8.1

Summoned to see my GP this morning who has received the dieticians letter.....
Hah! That will be an interesting visit then, no? :) and better the doc than the judge.. :happy:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.9 again... :( I have a sinus infection - again... should I take anti-bugs for it? This is the third bout in four months... since I've been diagnosed and started low-carbing... I assume it's the cheese? I've always taken apple cider vinegar with warm water and manuka honey to keep it at bay, but am afraid of the honey now... :( I never take antibiotics, as I usually stay very healthy, but recently I seem to get everything... I guess it's the diabetes?

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My lowest ever this morning - 4.5 :) I've got my first HbA1C since I was diagnosed this morning and I'm expecting a far better one than the 107 that led to my diagnosis 3 months ago

Reactions: 17 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
My lowest ever this morning - 4.5 :) I've got my first HbA1C since I was diagnosed this morning and I'm expecting a far better one than the 107 that led to my diagnosis 3 months ago
Nice :) keep up the hard work and can't wait to see your hba1c

Reactions: 7 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks - I'm actually pretty excited to get this done as I've really got my blood sugars down from my own readings and I'm pretty sure it's going to be reflected in my HbA1c

Reactions: 8 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
A scary 7.9 this morning. Don't know why. I had the best night's sleep in months - straight through. The only thing that was different is I didn't put my Codefree under my pillow but left it on my bedside table.

Good luck @phil1966 !

Reactions: 12 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
4.6, A very good morning to one and all.
God work, and a very good morning back! Sounds as if you are fully recovered from your icky throat thing!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 again... :( I have a sinus infection - again... should I take anti-bugs for it? This is the third bout in four months... since I've been diagnosed and started low-carbing... I assume it's the cheese? I've always taken apple cider vinegar with warm water and manuka honey to keep it at bay, but am afraid of the honey now... :( I never take antibiotics, as I usually stay very healthy, but recently I seem to get everything... I guess it's the diabetes?
Sounds like its time to see the doctors. Diabetes can make you more likely to pick up bugs. Maybe also ask for an ENT (ear nose and throat ) referral if your getting a lot of sinusitus

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So who was on the Chris Evans breakfast showing just now saying they are at non-diabetic levels? :)

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.2 back to normal.

Busy day today loading a number of ballistic refuge shelters for delivery to Erbil.

Not sure I would want to work there if these are needed.

Keep well everyone.

Reactions: 17 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 on this bright sunny .... cold morning

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Crumbs, is that low for you? I think I'd be in trouble with that! Not that i've ever seen it on my meter.. :rolleyes:

No, have had it low as 3.4 in the past few days. Lower the better works for me. Touch wood I never get to know what hypo is.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.