The best cure for my type2 diabetes. My story.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I begin speaking of my experience of diabetes type 2, I must point out,a cure for this type of diabetes is based on how you look after your health,and there is never an excuse,anyone can over come a hurdle and achieve a positive result,and i must say also a cure can be a cure when you stick with what works for you.will power and determination is also important not to give up on any goal to succeed where you want to be.Your only cured when you stick with a good healthy eating plan and regular exercise.
I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2014, and it was a shock,and I ended up on tablets,sadly my nightmare became worse,it went from one health problem to another and i got very ill, later on that same year suffered a terrible bleed found i had deficiencies also in my body, all the pains i was also suffering was getting worse with the other conditions that came with it, I ended up that same year on about 8 different medicines,I knew this was not normal it was not good,to go from one illness then find more things wrong.
cut a long story short,in December 2014 when i had a terrible bleed was close to a blood transfusion,I felt I was going to die, it was scary,though I knew I could not go on this way.I was constantly back and forth to my doctor nearly everyday last year feeling so ill, my energy crashed to.
One morning feeling low on energy and tired, I decided enough's enough,so I decided to do something I will not advise anyone else to do, though I did it because I knew the medicines was making me ill,I stopped taking my medication to see if the symptoms would stop. During the time I stopped taking my medicines, I was looking more at my food what i was eating. I was already eating a healthy diet though something food wise was still affecting me, I was having before I stopped my medicines a tablet and do take it still so must correct myself here only medicines i take is for deficiencies iron and vitamin d plus the tablet for allergies, all stomach tablets and diabetic pills have stopped though soon some time this year all other medicines will stop to.....the foods I was eating some was still affecting me so I decided to get rid of those foods so I switched to making smoothies without adding things to them just having the smoothies natural. I made a fruit smoothie for breakfast combined all kinds fruit together i got a juicer that is Eco friendly it needs no electric and i squeezed all the fruit juices with this. I made a strict rule, fruit smoothie for breakfast only and water or lemon water. I then had for lunch a veg smoothie added nothing to it just had a combination of veg blended together like avocados,cucumber,tomato,lettuce,kale,spinach,sweet pepper,carrot,i added as many vegetables in there i know on a healthy scale my body needs,plus i drink a complan type drink that contains lots of vitamins minerals in it,i have that to give my body what it needs if i do not get enough of the foods i had to stop eating that was causing my body to go in to a type of allergic reaction, I see my diabetes as a type of allergy when I eat certain foods I loved eating,big question is though why does the body accept some foods and reject others to trigger the high blood sugar, it must be a allergy that is triggering it off? any how what i eat for my main meal is fish or chicken sometimes other meats i know my body is alright with and make lots vegetables steamed or boiled and do not add salt etc to it, I just jazz up the food make it more interesting to eat with home made safe levels of a sauce if i need one,i shop around for things that i know my body will accept.
Now what i do before a meal and 2 hours after a meal i check my blood sugars, though in the 2 hours i am waiting to check my sugars again, I do a workout keeping fit for two hours, even go on walks, do house work etc. I keep active to burn off the calories, there are foods like in your veg that is good at lowering your glucose and those are the types of food you need to eat, because that is the key to, to keeping your sugar low, if you eat any junk food, or anything high in carbs all it does is send your sugars loopy they go up high,I was shocked how high my sugars went in a dangerous level while i was very ill and the moment i stopped the medicines, eliminated any other trigger foods even drink at bay, plus did regular exercise through out the day, i noticed all my blood sugars dropped and started to go back in the normal range, my health is great i feel goo, I have lots of energy and I keep exercising,the weight is coming off,it does work,no one has to rely on the medicines to get the sugars under control, you need to be in control of you, your diet and exercise,once you master it, it becomes a cure,you stick with that cure,when you rid the triggers that cause your high sugars, you will know what to keep away from you,not to eat or drink the artificial man made processed foods that are damaging your health, you can make your own treats to eat, shop around for flour that is safe for diabetics even almond flour etc or wholemeal just make sure you check there is nothing in it that can trigger a sugar attack on your blood.whatever works for you,stick with and you will never look back, you will see a change a positive one, well i did and Iv am doing great, i stick with my plan and schedule,I avid temptation,people can offer you things you know you can not have,if they are cooking it or you buy it in a restaurant or takeaway walk away say no, make your own in a safer level to eat,that way you know whats in it and it is keeping your health safe from harm, the food industry sadly is killing off peoples health what they put in the food, there are crazy high levels of things you would not even imagine is in there. this is my story and I am not saying that all diabetics should do what i do or think like me. All i know is, it is working for me, i will not look back and go back on the medicines, I will keep monitoring my blood sugars, watch what i eat, and keep up with the fitness work outs keeping active and living a normal healthy happy life.and in my opinion that is the cure.

I think the worst thing that can be a dangerous health problem to people are those stuck in jobs with very little exercise, sitting at a desk 12 hours a day with less activity, and drivers who drive long distance rarely get exercise same thing different jobs have a high impact on health and can cause weight gain and bad health,some companies will provide some form of activity to get fit, some do not.those who are sat at a desk a lot get a mini fitness machine it is like a exercise bike with no seat, you can work your legs on it have it under your desk or you can even use it to exercise your arms to, any kind of exercise good for you while at your desk is a bonus to help you just a thought.

p.s remember relapsing in to old bad habits can cause a trigger to make your diabetes come back with a vengeance,stick with the cure you know works for you in eating healthy keeping bad foods and drink at bay and , you will never look back if you stick with what is working, ...do not give in to temptation, remind yourself,if i eat or drink that is it worth going through a bad sugar high, always remember get the balance right in eating and drinking, water is the safest drink ever, filter it use a brita jug with filter, keeps any bugs out water,keep the balance right to prevent your sugars going too low always make sure before you exercise you eat and you have enough satisfactory level of food that your body can cope with the exercise. thanks for reading my story. xx

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for sharing all that. What actually happened to your blood sugars?

What were your fasting and HbA1c scores at the point you started your regime, and what are they now (or your most recent HbA1c)? And thus far, how long have you maintained your successful state?

Reactions: 4 people

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
I'm very glad this is working for you spirits and that you are taking control. On a cautionary note all I will say is that after just 8 weeks (if you started in December 2014 as your post says) it is very hard to say how you will feel in a few months time and whether you will be able to keep up the enthusiasm and juicing. I really hope you do as it is obviously working for you.

It is also quite difficult for people with families who work full time to exercise 2 or 3 times a day and prepare fresh food when they need it. As that applies to me, it has taken me 4 years to find a regime that works well for me to maintain good HbA1c levels, exercise and diet without going stir crazy or getting depressed at the odd hiccup. So to anyone out there who is struggling - just keep going!

Reactions: 17 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for sharing all that. What actually happened to your blood sugars?

What were your fasting and HbA1c scores at the point you started your regime, and what are they now (or your most recent HbA1c)? And thus far, how long have you maintained your successful state?

hi AndBrheathe,sorry for late reply, I always have regular check ups at my doctors, they did tests and said my blood sugar range is in the normal and is in control it scored about 6 or a little less,they said i am in range and is controlling it well i have another check in June 2015,last year i started off in normal range for blood sugars, something happened later on caused it to go in high double figures and normally i am in single numbers, soon as i found the cause i dealt with it immediate, and like i said in this post already the medications i was on was all clashing and setting off other illness,so my body struggled to cope then i had that awful bleed.since i have been active all the time and eating healthy meaning smoothies for breakfast and lunch plus com plan type drink at lunch all sugars are in safe normal range,at meal time i make a meal nothing heavy just food containing veg plus i will eat the fish or chicken that i know i am alright with, i never eat at night, if i need something i grab an orange that to lowers the sugars while i sleep.
when i hit double figures i thought at the time because i got a new meter, it was wrong i was hitting ranges close to 20's and above i used my old meter it to was high not as high though as the other meter they said different results so i questioned how accurate are the meters you would think the results would be exactly the same when you check on both meters the same time,so that is another thing to think on meters reliability. following your instinct knowing how you feel even if you feel hypo or hyper is important to know even if you do not use the meter,whether your on medicine's or not your body naturally reacts to things especially when it is hungry you go to long with out food you get the shakes and feeling light headed etc.
any how the levels was high for me,since i got my health under control since December 2014 i have bounced back, I am full of energy, the pains have stopped, the food and drink i eat, my body accepts,plus the exercise boosts me up more,I am doing great all blood tests and health checks been positive,all I can do is keep on with what i am doing stick with it as I know it is working for me. MY body is getting back to normal functioning and that is what is important. hugs xx

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi AndBrheathe,sorry for late reply, I always have regular check ups at my doctors, they did tests and said my blood sugar range is in the normal and is in control it scored about 6 or a little less,they said i am in range and is controlling it well i have another check in June 2015,last year i started off in normal range for blood sugars, something happened later on caused it to go in high double figures and normally i am in single numbers, soon as i found the cause i dealt with it immediate, and like i said in this post already the medications i was on was all clashing and setting off other illness,so my body struggled to cope then i had that awful bleed.since i have been active all the time and eating healthy meaning smoothies for breakfast and lunch plus com plan type drink at lunch all sugars are in safe normal range,at meal time i make a meal nothing heavy just food containing veg plus i will eat the fish or chicken that i know i am alright with, i never eat at night, if i need something i grab an orange that to lowers the sugars while i sleep.
when i hit double figures i thought at the time because i got a new meter, it was wrong i was hitting ranges close to 20's and above i used my old meter it to was high not as high though as the other meter they said different results so i questioned how accurate are the meters you would think the results would be exactly the same when you check on both meters the same time,so that is another thing to think on meters reliability. following your instinct knowing how you feel even if you feel hypo or hyper is important to know even if you do not use the meter,whether your on medicine's or not your body naturally reacts to things especially when it is hungry you go to long with out food you get the shakes and feeling light headed etc.
any how the levels was high for me,since i got my health under control since December 2014 i have bounced back, I am full of energy, the pains have stopped, the food and drink i eat, my body accepts,plus the exercise boosts me up more,I am doing great all blood tests and health checks been positive,all I can do is keep on with what i am doing stick with it as I know it is working for me. MY body is getting back to normal functioning and that is what is important. hugs xx
So, what was your fasting level this morning, for interest?

I'm curious that you use the word "cure" after two months.........

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm very glad this is working for you spirits and that you are taking control. On a cautionary note all I will say is that after just 8 weeks (if you started in December 2014 as your post says) it is very hard to say how you will feel in a few months time and whether you will be able to keep up the enthusiasm and juicing. I really hope you do as it is obviously working for you.

It is also quite difficult for people with families who work full time to exercise 2 or 3 times a day and prepare fresh food when they need it. As that applies to me, it has taken me 4 years to find a regime that works well for me to maintain good HbA1c levels, exercise and diet without going stir crazy or getting depressed at the odd hiccup. So to anyone out there who is struggling - just keep going!
Hi Truffle
I think when you go through a bad time in life,especially a dark tunnel like I did, it shakes you up, i never want to enter that tunnel again,I am determined to keep up with looking after my health, I do encourage anyone especially those who work long hours, find 30 minutes or an hour before you go to bed, and even if you get up extra time in morning before going to work to make the time to do something active,it is work that is screwing up your health when you have no time to get that excercise, and when you go home yes you will feel tired though you need to seriously remind yourself, the longer you are where your at each day everyday, will be an impact on your health more,this is not your fault,it is how life has been designed to stop families having quality time together or even time for you.so you got to adapt around it best way you can to fit that bit of time in for you to get what you need to be healthy,sadly hard work may give you a wage at end of month,though it does not give you good health if your over worked and not getting enough excercise depending on what job you do, some jobs are active,it is those jobs that are not active that is damaging.I hope you can find a solution to be able to get that activity in somewhere. big hugs xx

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, what was your fasting level this morning, for interest?

I'm curious that you use the word "cure" after two months.........
Hi sorry for late reply.when i checked my blood suger this morning before i ate any food it was 5.8

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am always wary of the word " Cure " .

Medically a cure is a cure when a remission lasts for a lengthy period of time with no symptoms of that condition. In the shorter term, it is a remission.

In addition, whatever it is that provides a remission or cure for an individual may not have the same effect on another. The personal variations are just so different.

If it's working for you, then I'm glad to hear it,and long may it continue :) but it won't work for everyone, unfortunately .

Signy

Reactions: 8 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Medically a cure is a cure when a remission lasts for a lengthy period of time with no symptoms of that condition. In the shorter term, it is a remission.

In addition, whatever it is that provides a remission or cure for an individual may not have the same effect on another. The personal variations are just so different.

If it's working for you, then I'm glad to hear it,and long may it continue :) but it won't work for everyone, unfortunately .

Signy
hi Heathenlass
I understand the word cure does make people wary,I do understand, I only posted this up as I did point out it is not directed to anyone else to do,it is just based on myself what I know is working for me, and when a person has been close to death,and you find hope to live,and especially in this how I found hope, it works for me and I am happy, I do know all diabetics will have different reactions to foods and drink not everyone will be affected in there blood sugar the same as another,this is why I pointed out what works for you knowing in what you eat and drink affects your blood sugar to work on moving from harmful triggers, to eat and drink safe foods that are kind to the blood sugar. I do hope that all diabetics can one day be free of this awful disease it is not nice at all,and all I can say is till there is a cure full on for this awful disease, what you can find helpful for you that works to control the blood sugar and your full health,stick with what is working and stay positive, when your in control of it, it will not control you unless you allow it to. hugs xx

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My blood sugar ranges from generally 4.5 - 4.7 when I wake up to 5.6-5.8 two hours after a meal. That is within the "non-diabetic" range (as is my latest HbA1c), but that is only because I am very, very careful what I eat and I limit the amount of carbs.

Therefore, I don't consider myself "cured" of diabetes because IMO, diabetes isn't having high blood sugar, it's having a condition that means my body can't control my blood sugar levels as it should, and the high blood sugar is just a symptom of my condition.

I would only consider myself cured if I could go out and have 8 pints of lager and a curry with naan bread and have a normal BS reading and nothing more than a hangover the next day.

Until that day (which I believe will be never), I consider myself "controlled", not "cured" :)

Reactions: 27 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I begin speaking of my experience of diabetes type 2, I must point out,a cure for this type of diabetes is based on how you look after your health,and there is never an excuse,anyone can over come a hurdle and achieve a positive result,and i must say also a cure can be a cure when you stick with what works for you.will power and determination is also important not to give up on any goal to succeed where you want to be.Your only cured when you stick with a good healthy eating plan and regular exercise.
I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2014, and it was a shock,and I ended up on tablets,sadly my nightmare became worse,it went from one health problem to another and i got very ill, later on that same year suffered a terrible bleed found i had deficiencies also in my body, all the pains i was also suffering was getting worse with the other conditions that came with it, I ended up that same year on about 8 different medicines,I knew this was not normal it was not good,to go from one illness then find more things wrong.
cut a long story short,in December 2014 when i had a terrible bleed was close to a blood transfusion,I felt I was going to die, it was scary,though I knew I could not go on this way.I was constantly back and forth to my doctor nearly everyday last year feeling so ill, my energy crashed to.
One morning feeling low on energy and tired, I decided enough's enough,so I decided to do something I will not advise anyone else to do, though I did it because I knew the medicines was making me ill,I stopped taking my medication to see if the symptoms would stop. During the time I stopped taking my medicines, I was looking more at my food what i was eating. I was already eating a healthy diet though something food wise was still affecting me, I was having before I stopped my medicines a tablet and do take it still so must correct myself here only medicines i take is for deficiencies iron and vitamin d plus the tablet for allergies, all stomach tablets and diabetic pills have stopped though soon some time this year all other medicines will stop to.....the foods I was eating some was still affecting me so I decided to get rid of those foods so I switched to making smoothies without adding things to them just having the smoothies natural. I made a fruit smoothie for breakfast combined all kinds fruit together i got a juicer that is Eco friendly it needs no electric and i squeezed all the fruit juices with this. I made a strict rule, fruit smoothie for breakfast only and water or lemon water. I then had for lunch a veg smoothie added nothing to it just had a combination of veg blended together like avocados,cucumber,tomato,lettuce,kale,spinach,sweet pepper,carrot,i added as many vegetables in there i know on a healthy scale my body needs,plus i drink a complan type drink that contains lots of vitamins minerals in it,i have that to give my body what it needs if i do not get enough of the foods i had to stop eating that was causing my body to go in to a type of allergic reaction, I see my diabetes as a type of allergy when I eat certain foods I loved eating,big question is though why does the body accept some foods and reject others to trigger the high blood sugar, it must be a allergy that is triggering it off? any how what i eat for my main meal is fish or chicken sometimes other meats i know my body is alright with and make lots vegetables steamed or boiled and do not add salt etc to it, I just jazz up the food make it more interesting to eat with home made safe levels of a sauce if i need one,i shop around for things that i know my body will accept.
Now what i do before a meal and 2 hours after a meal i check my blood sugars, though in the 2 hours i am waiting to check my sugars again, I do a workout keeping fit for two hours, even go on walks, do house work etc. I keep active to burn off the calories, there are foods like in your veg that is good at lowering your glucose and those are the types of food you need to eat, because that is the key to, to keeping your sugar low, if you eat any junk food, or anything high in carbs all it does is send your sugars loopy they go up high,I was shocked how high my sugars went in a dangerous level while i was very ill and the moment i stopped the medicines, eliminated any other trigger foods even drink at bay, plus did regular exercise through out the day, i noticed all my blood sugars dropped and started to go back in the normal range, my health is great i feel goo, I have lots of energy and I keep exercising,the weight is coming off,it does work,no one has to rely on the medicines to get the sugars under control, you need to be in control of you, your diet and exercise,once you master it, it becomes a cure,you stick with that cure,when you rid the triggers that cause your high sugars, you will know what to keep away from you,not to eat or drink the artificial man made processed foods that are damaging your health, you can make your own treats to eat, shop around for flour that is safe for diabetics even almond flour etc or wholemeal just make sure you check there is nothing in it that can trigger a sugar attack on your blood.whatever works for you,stick with and you will never look back, you will see a change a positive one, well i did and Iv am doing great, i stick with my plan and schedule,I avid temptation,people can offer you things you know you can not have,if they are cooking it or you buy it in a restaurant or takeaway walk away say no, make your own in a safer level to eat,that way you know whats in it and it is keeping your health safe from harm, the food industry sadly is killing off peoples health what they put in the food, there are crazy high levels of things you would not even imagine is in there. this is my story and I am not saying that all diabetics should do what i do or think like me. All i know is, it is working for me, i will not look back and go back on the medicines, I will keep monitoring my blood sugars, watch what i eat, and keep up with the fitness work outs keeping active and living a normal healthy happy life.and in my opinion that is the cure.

I think the worst thing that can be a dangerous health problem to people are those stuck in jobs with very little exercise, sitting at a desk 12 hours a day with less activity, and drivers who drive long distance rarely get exercise same thing different jobs have a high impact on health and can cause weight gain and bad health,some companies will provide some form of activity to get fit, some do not.those who are sat at a desk a lot get a mini fitness machine it is like a exercise bike with no seat, you can work your legs on it have it under your desk or you can even use it to exercise your arms to, any kind of exercise good for you while at your desk is a bonus to help you just a thought.

p.s remember relapsing in to old bad habits can cause a trigger to make your diabetes come back with a vengeance,stick with the cure you know works for you in eating healthy keeping bad foods and drink at bay and , you will never look back if you stick with what is working, ...do not give in to temptation, remind yourself,if i eat or drink that is it worth going through a bad sugar high, always remember get the balance right in eating and drinking, water is the safest drink ever, filter it use a brita jug with filter, keeps any bugs out water,keep the balance right to prevent your sugars going too low always make sure before you exercise you eat and you have enough satisfactory level of food that your body can cope with the exercise. thanks for reading my story. xx
HI, I'm glad you are getting your levels under control, it's like someone turned on the lights, how much better you feel. :)
my only question is the fruit juice of a morning,,have you done the before..1 hr and then 2 hr..then 3 hr BG test?
it costs 4 strips, but will tell you if you are spiking too high..most want to keep below 8mm
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

there is also new research that a T2 will make 10x the normal amount from glucose through the polyol pathway..so most are better with very low fructose intake

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Signy
I've been removed from the diabetic register, and I'm wary of the word cure!

Reactions: 9 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My blood sugar ranges from generally 4.5 - 4.7 when I wake up to 5.6-5.8 two hours after a meal. That is within the "non-diabetic" range (as is my latest HbA1c), but that is only because I am very, very careful what I eat and I limit the amount of carbs.

Therefore, I don't consider myself "cured" of diabetes because IMO, diabetes isn't having high blood sugar, it's having a condition that means my body can't control my blood sugar levels as it should, and the high blood sugar is just a symptom of my condition.

I would only consider myself cured if I could go out and have 8 pints of lager and a curry with naan bread and have a normal BS reading and nothing more than a hangover the next day.

Until that day (which I believe will be never), I consider myself "controlled", not "cured" :)
glad you are in control of your diabetes,that is a good achievement, some people do find it hard to control there sugars, only reason i use the word cured for me, because i know it keeps me strong to fight on living positively for me, if i thought negative or seen the diabetes as never ending, i would feel depressed and probably would rather not be here in the flesh, so for me it helps me fight to achieve my goal.hugs xx

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI, I'm glad you are getting your levels under control, it's like someone turned on the lights, how much better you feel. :)
my only question is the fruit juice of a morning,,have you done the before..1 hr and then 2 hr..then 3 hr BG test?
it costs 4 strips, but will tell you if you are spiking too high..most want to keep below 8mm
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

there is also new research that a T2 will make 10x the normal amount from glucose through the polyol pathway..so most are better with very low fructose intake
hi jack412 all the fruit i have is fresh natural fruit not cartons, i squeeze it myself and ad nothing to it and drink it, it is a natural sugar, when i check my blood sugar it stays in the normal range i have manged to stay in the maximum levels through out the day in the 7s rare if i go up now and that would only be because i may have had something i should not of had if some one else treated me to something to eat or drink most times i reject eating out just cook all my own food find it safer, if i want cake i bake my own and look for ingredients that will not cause my sugars to go high, it took a lot at first getting from high blood sugar back down to normal range, since i stuck with the diet and exercise my skin looks great and i feel great, and that is what matters how you feel, how you look and what is doing your insides good when you eat. any blood sugar fast i only do when i see my doctor i do do it also at home sometimes. the last one i had in December was in the safe range, i was told my target range is 7.2 i am in that range still.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find it very significant that this question has gone unanswered.
when i have eaten, i check my blood sugars 2 hours after a meal the sugars range between 6 and 7 max would be a 9 only if a dared eat something i should not, since being on this diet all my sugar stayed in single numbers.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a bit freaked that you stopped all your medication, all at once, and went onto an extreme diet.
I know you have said that you are being monitored by your doc, but if your next test is not for months, then that isn't what I consider sufficient monitoring and medication absence, for such a drastic diet.

I'm very pleased that you have brought your fasting BG down to prediabetic level (not 'normal' level) and I think green smoothies are astonishingly beneficial, and drink them myself. But if I went on that diet I would probably lower my BG significantly - until I introduced other foods again. At this point my BG would rise and reveal that I am still a type 2 diabetic. How do I know? Because I have done it.

Normalising BG on a severe diet is not a cure. It may effect a cure (read up on Newcastle Diet) if you can then eat significant amounts of carbs without your BG rising out of the normal range - and that benefit lasts in the long term.

ALSO could you please confirm that you stopped your medication with the knowledge and consent of your doctor?
If not, you might want to make that clear by editing your original post.

The moderators of this forum are required to enforce the forum rules, which are that we do not make medical claims, we do not give medical advice, and we should not suggest/imply/encourage that people ignore doctor's advice.

Reactions: 9 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi jack412 all the fruit i have is fresh natural fruit not cartons, i squeeze it myself and ad nothing to it and drink it, it is a natural sugar, when i check my blood sugar it stays in the normal range i have manged to stay in the maximum levels through out the day in the 7s rare if i go up now and that would only be because i may have had something i should not of had if some one else treated me to something to eat or drink most times i reject eating out just cook all my own food find it safer, if i want cake i bake my own and look for ingredients that will not cause my sugars to go high, it took a lot at first getting from high blood sugar back down to normal range, since i stuck with the diet and exercise my skin looks great and i feel great, and that is what matters how you feel, how you look and what is doing your insides good when you eat. any blood sugar fast i only do when i see my doctor i do do it also at home sometimes. the last one i had in December was in the safe range, i was told my target range is 7.2 i am in that range still.
that's very good and you are handling the fresh fruit juice...so glad you are feeling better and good BG all day

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
glad you are in control of your diabetes,that is a good achievement, some people do find it hard to control there sugars, only reason i use the word cured for me, because i know it keeps me strong to fight on living positively for me, if i thought negative or seen the diabetes as never ending, i would feel depressed and probably would rather not be here in the flesh, so for me it helps me fight to achieve my goal.hugs xx

Perhaps I'm contrarian, but I figure if I decide I'm cured, after 4 straight non-diabetic HbA1cs and low finger prick tests, I'll be tempted to creep back to the savoury carbs, regain weight, and potentially regain my diabetic status.

I'm sad to say, I've also been close to death. It's never a good thing when ones parents travel half way across Europe to say goodbye to a(n adult) child, but to be honest, that alone is enough for me to want to grasp every opportunity I have in life, irrespective of the fact my parents have themselves both died in the intervening period.

It actually sounds to me like you never accepted your diabetes, and may be in some form of denial, but I could be just extrapolating several steps too far there.

I honestly do hope you remain in good hEalth for many, many years to come.