Bread

carpy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi

Don't know if it will help anyone but I like bread however I cannot eat it BG goes up.
I have a milk loaf that is 8 grams carbs which isn't to bad.

Now I have found a bread I can eat with 3.8 grams carbs. It is called Liv Life seriously seeded the only problem is it is expensive
at £1.59 a loaf but it allows me to eat bread.

Just thought I would mention it.

Reactions: 4 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Not as expensive as the Low-GI loaf from my local bakers at £2.99!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Try Bergen from Iceland at £1 a good size loaf. It is really nice toasted.

Reactions: 2 people

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's occasionally on offer at 2 for £2 so I stock up and freeze it. Like you, it's the only one I can eat.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, What about 'Hovis Seed Sensations' makes sure you get the one with a small green leaf on it as there are two kinds and the other has a lot more carbs. I think it's 1 gram per slice less than bergen

Neil

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have burgen but changed to hovis seed sensations and enjoy it more. I can also manage 2 lives without a spike. However you need to ensure you get the correct one which is in the orange wrapper.

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow I just checked out 'Liv Life seriously seeded' Is this a green light on bread ? 3.8g carbs

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow I just checked out 'Liv Life seriously seeded' Is this a green light on bread ? 3.8g carbs
@Daks;
The only way to find out if it is for you, is to eat a slice and "ask" your meter...with a before and after blood glucose test.
Robbity

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi

Don't know if it will help anyone but I like bread however I cannot eat it BG goes up.

Now I have found a bread I can eat with 3.8 grams carbs. It is called Liv Life seriously seeded the only problem is it is expensive

Special offer at the moment too at £1.19 :)

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, is that 3.8 carb a slice? I've been using hovis granary small loaf but it's not low in carbs particularly.. I'm gonna buy liv bread if asda stock it!!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave up on bread 2 months after diagnosis and dont miss it now.
I went to burgen, it did not spike me at all but I just lost the taste for it
I would just have like quarter of a slice now in a month or so with loads of butter. Doesnt spike me.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Hi, What about 'Hovis Seed Sensations' makes sure you get the one with a small green leaf on it as there are two kinds and the other has a lot more carbs. I think it's 1 gram per slice less than bergen

Neil

I've seen quite a few in here recommending that bread but when I looked on the label it was just over 18 carbs a slice.....I didn't know there were two types so now its making sense daddys1, thanks !

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

got some the other day,,,,tested me sugars 2 hours later after 2 slices and it was all gud :)

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've seen quite a few in here recommending that bread but when I looked on the label it was just over 18 carbs a slice.....I didn't know there were two types so now its making sense daddys1, thanks !
Think it has a very small green leaf on the wrapper at one end top/side fifty Pence size

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
got some the other day,,,,tested me sugars 2 hours later after 2 slices and it was all gud :)
Hi Simon, Yeah you can have the Liv Life but the slices are so tiny, and quite expensive, compared to the Bergen Linseed & Soya or the Hovis Seed Sensations. Though they are 13carbs per slice.
Neil

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's also a very low carb ( approx 1g carbs per sllce) bread mix made by Sukrin that you bake yourself. Originally recommended by someone else on the forum. It comes in a single loaf pack with its own foil baking tin , and you just add water, mix, pop in the tin and bake in the oven for just over an hour. There's a bulk buy pack too that comes without the baking tin. But they're both rather expensive compared to these other brands being discussed, though the bulk option is about half the price per loaf if you can afford the initial outlay... I get mine occasionally from Amazon if I'm feeling rich!

Robbity

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
hi

Wow only £1.59 you are lucky I have to buy gluten free and the lowest carb one is the triple seeded Genius loaf at just under 14 carbs a slice and costs £2.99 a loaf. Min you it doesn't spike my blood sugars :)