Does anyone inject for drinks?

SeanThorne

There have been times that I've had no choice but to drink a sugary drink and I've never counted the carbs and done a fast dose for this in contrast to say having a snack. What do others do when it comes to consuming beverages? Fanta coke the sort.

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good question, always intrested in how others manage situations like this. However the majority on here seem to be very well disciplined and probably go for the zero sugar drink. What sort of fast dose would you give?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have never drunk those type of drinks, only maybe a very cold diet, Max or Zero coke on a very hot day.

RRB ps have a look at the thread, 'Sugar content' :-o it's an eye opener :wideyed:

Spirit of Eden

Do you mean when you are treating a Hypo ? You need to apply your normal rules for when you inject. A can of coke will have a lot of carbs so probably. Try to avoid them though if poss

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Pepsi Max or bust. (Or plain old water)

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are some drinks that you just cannot get in zero or diet version, which I like, and on the odd occasion that I have one of these I would treat it as I would any carbs with my 1:10 ratio

MizzRyan69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being diabetic. .
I guess there are several cold beverages I would have chosen prior to being informed I have t2 diabetes... I think my mentality at the moment is what I like and what I need are two different things.. 'famous words of my mother return to haunt me there'... If I am serious and want to get through this phase in my life or re-teach myself healthier eating habits I would go for the zero sugar every time... I want the end goal of possibly reversing this thing and that goal is worth far more than a few moments of pleasured taste buds... I actually like the zero drinks now... In fact I have an anger inside me since being diagnosed towards all the manufacturers that are putting so much sugar into everything!!!