I have questions about my symptoms

Anna87508

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have not been diagnosed with diabetes however I had a blood test last thursday and i'm awaiting the results. I have a couple of questions about my symptoms and i am hoping someone can help me. Lately i have been having a few things happening. First of all I had a mysterious vomiting on valentines day (not nice!) then I started to become very fatigued. The fatigue has always been an issue. I am 5ft 2 in height and 13 stone so i do get tired easily. Next i have had the headaches. At first i couldn't link them to anything but recently I have noticed that I get tired and get headaches after eating, particularly sugary foods. For example I ate a packet of skittles and had a bottle of coke at the same time and soon after i developed a headache that wouldn't improve with paracetamol. I had to sleep it off. I also get lumps on my body quite frequently, abscesses under my armpit. This is what prompted the doctor to have me tested.

Just a bit concerned about these symptoms and would appreciate if anyone can shed any light on this.

thanks

Anna87508

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously you're worried but I'd say try and be patient and wait for the test results -- you should be able to get a hard copy of them tomorrow. You need to see your GP asap and then come back and tell us what s/he said. Meantime have a read of the forum and see if anything strikes a chord.

Reactions: 2 people

billybadger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Anna

Tiredness/fatigue is one of the classic diabetes symptoms along with being really thirsty, having to pee much more than usual and losing weight over a short period of time.

I personally didn't have any of the other symptoms that you have described, I did have blurred vision, cramps and a strange gurgling sensation in my abdominal area and lower back in the weeks before diagnosis in addition to the four classic symptoms.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Anna

Yes I agree with @DeejayR , get a copy of your blood test results and we can comment on what they mean so that you are forearmed when you see the GP. Some of the symptoms you mention could be related to high blood sugars but let's see.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have not been diagnosed with diabetes however I had a blood test last thursday and i'm awaiting the results. I have a couple of questions about my symptoms and i am hoping someone can help me. Lately i have been having a few things happening. First of all I had a mysterious vomiting on valentines day (not nice!) then I started to become very fatigued. The fatigue has always been an issue. I am 5ft 2 in height and 13 stone so i do get tired easily. Next i have had the headaches. At first i couldn't link them to anything but recently I have noticed that I get tired and get headaches after eating, particularly sugary foods. For example I ate a packet of skittles and had a bottle of coke at the same time and soon after i developed a headache that wouldn't improve with paracetamol. I had to sleep it off. I also get lumps on my body quite frequently, abscesses under my armpit. This is what prompted the doctor to have me tested.

Just a bit concerned about these symptoms and would appreciate if anyone can shed any light on this.

thanks

Anna87508
I agree anna, your symptoms could be food poisoning, but the results from the tests will give the full picture,try eating bland foods like full fat yogurt ,eggs, and easily digestible foods .

Anna87508

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
thanks everyone, i have had frequent urination and been quite thirsty at times too, forgot to mention that in first post.

Anna87508

Juju82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks everyone, i have had frequent urination and been quite thirsty at times too, forgot to mention that in first post.

Anna87508

There is being thirsty tho and being a REALLY thirsty! I would literally drink pint after pint of water!!!

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello Anna and welcome to the forum.
I am T2 now controlled by sensible eating,I dont call it diet as it sounds like starvation and it isnt.
I do have a dry mouth at times but I cant say Im thirsty.
My feet can be very cold at times when i go to bed,even when not cold before I go to bed,also at times my feet feel like they are burning.
Im not at all sure if they are diabetic symptons.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
There is being thirsty tho and being a REALLY thirsty! I would literally drink pint after pint of water!!!

If your unwell Juju then get yourself off to A & E and get checked out, either that or call a Dr out, if you do have diabetes the sooner you are seen the better.

Juju82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your unwell Juju then get yourself off to A & E and get checked out, either that or call a Dr out, if you do have diabetes the sooner you are seen the better.

No I'm okay now this was before I was diagnosed (type1) I could have just drank water none stop! Now my bloods are good I don't feel like that now. Thank you for your concern tho x

Reactions: 2 people