Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
THE CRUMBLE - thought i'd got away with it but something made me test again...... from 5.8 (at 2 hours) UP to 9.3 at 2hrs 45 mins....should take my own advice of the 2 1/2 to 3 hour test more often.......be testing again shortly but not going to be having the crumble again as its all used up now. Bought it on a whim and more often than not then give naughty stuff to my kids for their families (like I did with box of Sugar Puffs last week)

Ouch. I did wonder why you were even prediabetic with some of your readings but obviously they are being sneaky.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ouch. I did wonder why you were even prediabetic with some of your readings but obviously they are being sneaky.
Seems the cream just delayed the spike, not prevented. An hour on I tested back at 5.2, phew.... Still got the headache so not the high bs causing it...could be my friend's man flu tho...:(. Cold out and just snowed briefly. Hands frozen, all "doggy" gloves in wash...

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mae Ploy is the only chinese sauce I can manage. It comes in a big bottle, that lasts four weeks if kept in the fridge. Then you can experiment with how much to put in your stir fry.
It spikes me unless I use it sparingly. But nowhere near as much as the ridiculous figures I get If I use normal commercial stir fry or chinese sauces. Which can put me up in the high teens or 20's.
Mine was from Sainsbury's oriental range which you just stick in the oven!

Reactions: 5 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night bed time 6.5
Morning pre breakfast 7.8
Two hours later 7.2
I only had a short walk with the dog as it was wet and windy out, our poor old dog does not like the rain.

I think I need to try harder with my portion control. :-(

Only 99 more lines to go ; -)

Reactions: 6 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's yoghurt made from coconut milk WF... it's live, which is great, and it is 'heaven in a mouthful'... the only problem I have with it, is stopping myself from eating huge amounts of it... :) I got mine in Waitrose.. I think you can get it in other places but I haven't been looking for it till now..
Must get some of this, sounds yummy

Reactions: 4 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently I have noticed that when I take my metformin in the morning about an hr later I feel shaky and queasy as if I've gone to long without food. When I test my bs it's in the 5s so it's not because it's gone to low. BP is ok so the other thing is the metformin. I take 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening. So I decided to drop a tablet in the morning and just take 1. That was a few days ago and I have been fine, and my bs readings are no different either, still in the 4s and 5s. Now am I right in thinking that as my hbac 1 has come down quite a bit and having lost 2stone up to now that I do not need the amount of metformin I was on. I have always thought my GP was going a bit OTT when he prescribed 4a day which my DPN reduced to 3 last month. I feel good for just taking 2 day so will chance my DPN' s displeasure at reducing them off my own bat. Not due to see her again until May.

Reactions: 9 people

jimbo51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm new to Testing only started yesterday sat 28th 4 readings I have taken are @ 13.30pm on 28th 14.6 mmol.
@ 21.30 on 28th 13.6.mmol
@07:00 on 1st March 14.8mmol. and 18:30 on 1/3 9.5..
Are thease high low I was diog with type 2 july 2014.. can some one give me any advice on them please

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
oooh, the rugby - put it on timer and it flicked over before the last 3 mins of prog I was watching. Flicked back to finish watching then forgot about the rugby - easily sidetracked.....
You forgot about the Rugby? :eek: How could you? :)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Feed it to the birds,

The birds would certainly get it. I have over-weight and probably Type 2 birds! I even buy them a £30 bag of sunflower hearts and feed them throughout the year.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm new to Testing only started yesterday sat 28th 4 readings I have taken are @ 13.30pm on 28th 14.6 mmol.
@ 21.30 on 28th 13.6.mmol
@07:00 on 1st March 14.8mmol. and 18:30 on 1/3 9.5..
Are thease high low I was diog with type 2 july 2014.. can some one give me any advice on them please

Hi Jimbo, well done on starting to test, that's the first step towards getting this under control. Your numbers are a bit high though, can you tell us a bit about yourself - what do you typically eat, what medications are you on?

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.7 up much to early, our dog seems to think there's someone or something about that shouldn't be there barking every few mins.

Sleep time over.

Reactions: 17 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Retinal scan this afternoon, doesn't seem like a year since my first one!

Maxwell

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.