Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
:) You opened the door Dibbs :) I saw it and walked right in :)

Have a great day won't you

Mike

Reactions: 4 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is not a stupid question but nor is there a simple answer.

Anything below 6.0 would be great and anything below 6.5 would be fine as well. BUT TAKE HEED PLEASE @millysue .....NO-ONE sets your timetable but you. You need to get those numbers down a bit but not much. I hope others will join in with their comments.
Mike is right, you are the one who is in control. Anything between 4and 7 is considered normal even for non diabetics, but it all depends what number your body likes best. For some its lower for others a bit higher. You will know by how you feel in yourself.

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Travelled back from Munich very early this morning... had three espressos with cream and a boiled egg... 4.8 when I got in - starving...

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Mandingo hasn't reported in this morning.
Hope you're okay Man.
I look forward each day to your fours which is my eventual daily target.

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.1 at bedtime 7.7 this morning.

I have a month to get these numbers down. My Hba1c in January was 7.5
What numbers should I see during the day to achieve lower than 7.5 Sorry if thats a stupid question, do you just test loads of times per day and then take the average?
What Mike says is true... it's your life-plan... you so obviously want to sort it out, as have we all.. I'm still working on it - I guess it's a life-time thing... We mostly tend to test a lot - 1 and/or two hours after eating - everyone is different, but most carbohydrates are taboo, sadly... even 'healthy' ones like oats, muesli etc.... bread is not good... but once your numbers come down you may be able to find things that your body can tolerate... it really is about testing everything at first so you know your limits... sorry I'm rambling - lots of people on here will tell you stuff more succinctly... I hope I haven't confused you... I do wish you the best of luck... we are all here for each other... :)

Reactions: 9 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
5.4 pre lunch
Snow this morning but brighter now
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1425304062.560781.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

m0lsx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to the Gym this morning.
Normally I do not eat until after I have been to the gym, but had a early bowl of Porridge & then about two hours later used the gym for just over an hour, plus I have a good 20 minutes walk in each direction. As a norm I do not take my Metformin or eat until I get back as food within a couple of hours of exercise always leaves me feeling nauseous during the exercise.
I choose not to have the Metformin despite the porridge as I have found it leaves me struggling to exercise.
Blood sugar on return at 11am was 9.1.

Reactions: 6 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
What Mike says is true... it's your life-plan... you so obviously want to sort it out, as have we all.. I'm still working on it - I guess it's a life-time thing... We mostly tend to test a lot - 1 and/or two hours after eating - everyone is different, but most carbohydrates are taboo, sadly... even 'healthy' ones like oats, muesli etc.... bread is not good... but once your numbers come down you may be able to find things that your body can tolerate... it really is about testing everything at first so you know your limits... sorry I'm rambling - lots of people on here will tell you stuff more succinctly... I hope I haven't confused you... I do wish you the best of luck... we are all here for each other... :)

I have cut out all bread, spuds, root veg and crisps.
Breakfast I have porridge, yes I know thats not the best but, I am a veggie, could not face eggs first thing in the morning.
My Hba1c in December 2013. Was 6.3
January 2015. Was 7.5
Next blood test is in April, I would like to get down to 6.
I have burning in feet and some times my toes feel a little numb. So hoping reducing my bs will help.

I am getting a little fed up with salad at lunchtime, I don't like omelettes. I have had so much stryfry veg you would not believe.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.