Don't Shoot the Messenger. Type 2 is Reversible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Meh. I'll never eat like that. I'm sure it works, but I reversed my type 2 diabetes while eating LOTS of saturated animal fat, so I don't think his theory of how his diet works is correct.

One of the odd things he says at the beginning is that type 2 diabetics are told to not eat bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes and that this is hard to do. Has any one here been told that? Not many. How many people on here have found it hard to ditch the carbs? Not many either (well, once past the first week or two anyway). I think he just made that stuff up out of thin air.

Interestingly, there are lots of studies comparing low fat to low carb diets:

http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/

Low fat diets can work, but low carb diets work better.

And the reasoning he used to conclude that humans evolved to be vegans is patently silly and not based on real science.
It's also odd that he didn't mention refined sugar (i.e. fructose) once, unless I missed it.

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It made me laugh but other than that it did nothing for me, lots of twisting of the 'facts'.

Reactions: 2 people

Klang180

Meh. I'll never eat like that. I'm sure it works, but I reversed my type 2 diabetes while eating LOTS of saturated animal fat, so I don't think his theory of how his diet works is correct.

One of the odd things he says at the beginning is that type 2 diabetics are told to not eat bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes and that this is hard to do. Has any one here been told that? Not many. How many people on here have found it hard to ditch the carbs? Not many either (well, once past the first week or two anyway). I think he just made that stuff up out of thin air.

Interestingly, there are lots of studies comparing low fat to low carb diets:

http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/

Low fat diets can work, but low carb diets work better.

And the reasoning he used to conclude that humans evolved to be vegans is patently silly and not based on real science.
It's also odd that he didn't mention refined sugar (i.e. fructose) once, unless I missed it.

Authority nutrition is a cynical website by a student of nutrition at University of Iceland. He doesn't have the data to back up his claims.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
How didn't he twist facts?

Klang180

He was speaking to a limited time frame but he and many others have reversed (not just put it on the shelf) diabetes with a whole food plant based diet.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
If consuming high amounts of saturated animal fat causes type 2 diabetes, how did I possibly reverse my diabetes by eating even more (a lot more!!) saturated animal fat than before I got diabetes??? Clearly there is something drastically wrong with his theory.

Reactions: 5 people

Klang180

Have you really reversed your diabetes? What happens when you eat a decent amount of carbs i.e. 100g?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
My blood glucose goes up, peaks about 30 to 45 minutes after I eat, then comes back down to what it was or lower in another 30-45 minutes.

Klang180

Well debate clearly isn't allowed on this forum. All you can do is talk about how wonderful low carb high fat diets are it seems.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another thread heading for lock down so I won't bother typing out a long reply only to find I can't post it.

Same here. And there's no point with people who just won't listen or won't reply when you present them with indisputable facts.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well debate clearly isn't allowed on this forum. All you can do is talk about how wonderful low carb high fat diets are it seems.

Of course we think it's wonderful, because it works for us! It's the high carb low fat diets that gave us dangerously high BG levels in the first place!

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Forum rule:

Users will receive a warning (and may have posts removed) for the following:

• ‘Carbs are bad/fat is bad’ – people are free to express their opinion of certain diets, but negative statements should not be made about those that follow the diet.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I love debate. Ok! You have posted two threads against low carbing, without throwing a lot of links that says different to what you have posted.
We recommend a dietary change.
We recommend a lowering of carbs and sugars to control blood glucose levels.
We recommend exercise.
We recommend eating more full fat.
We recommend eating more vegetables
We recommend that you lower your fruit intake.

You are repeatedly coming back like a bible basher, where only one way of thinking is right.

Read my blog.

Read the success stories on this forum

All the veterans on here have been doling this lifestyle for many years and I t works.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Because a lot of members have had really good results by going low carb, this is a large % of type 2's, but not all, because they are all different in how effective their pancreas' functions and what numbers they want to stick by. It seems to work for them.
I'm type 1 btw, not low carb or high fat.

RRB

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.