Don't Shoot the Messenger. Type 2 is Reversible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klang180

Ok i realise that i am not popular and haven't been all that constructive but i still don't think the definition of what people says is "working" is really all that great. T2 diabetes is a choice, it is not your fate it is in your hands and all i want to do is let people see that there is an alternative to LCHF but it is obviously harder to go to from the standard western diet. However if you do go to a WFPB diet the science suggests you will lead a healthier life all-round.

Don't you high fat people worry about heart disease at all?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Ok i realise that i am not popular and haven't been all that constructive but i still don't think the definition of what people says is "working" is really all that great. T2 diabetes is a choice, it is not your fate it is in your hands and all i want to do is let people see that there is an alternative to LCHF but it is obviously harder to go to from the standard western diet. However if you do go to a WFPB diet the science suggests you will lead a healthier life all-round.

Don't you high fat people worry about heart disease at all?
Not in the least. My cholesterol numbers are good and I run 20 - 30 km a week. Do you think fat "clogs your arteries"?

C

catherinecherub

Well debate clearly isn't allowed on this forum. All you can do is talk about how wonderful low carb high fat diets are it seems.
Nobody minds a sensible debate but when you enter a discussion with all guns blazing and assuming that your opinions are right you are going to get up people's noses.

This forum does not recommend any one diet but there are people who low carb with good results and that is something that you will have to accept.

Refresh yourself with the forum rules.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ethos-forum-rules.50278/

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So are you saying it is the policy of this forum to discourage the intake of carbs?

Certainly not, members diets work for them and what's best for them, with good management, control and also weight loss. it works for many type 2's as they have already stated, but some do eat some carbs. I eat potato, yogurts, crackers, some fruit, lots of veg, fish and make casseroles and homemade soups All have some carbs in them.

With my very best wishes RRB :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Klang180

Nobody minds a sensible debate but when you enter a discussion with all guns blazing and assuming that your opinions are right you are going to get up people's noses.

This forum does not recommend any one diet but there are people who low carb with good results and that is something that you will have to accept.

Refresh yourself with the forum rules.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ethos-forum-rules.50278/
Ok i take your point, i did come out all guns blazing and i apologise for that. I care, i really do, and it isn't that i haven't got my own experiences but as a T1 it just seems to me that T2s have so much more control and power over their destiny and i don't want people to waste that, that's all.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Erm yes that was proven by science many decades ago.
No, actually it wasn't. It was made up decades ago based on virtually nothing. Fat does not clog your arteries.

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So are you saying it is the policy of this forum to discourage the intake of carbs?

No, because that's impossible!

Even like myself, very low carb, they cannot be avoided. They in small quantities are in most foods. You have to eat veg and they are there but very low.

We recommend low carb, not no carb.

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Please stop with the silly "nutritionfacts.org" links. They are just silly.

Klang180

No, actually it wasn't. It was made up decades ago based on virtually nothing. Fat does not clog your arteries.
S

Even like myself, very low carb, they cannot be avoided. They in small quantities are in most foods. You have to eat veg and they are there but very low.

And so how do you explain the ever increasing rates of obesity, T2 diabetes, CHD and stroke?

Klang180

Please stop with the silly "nutritionfacts.org" links. They are just silly.
Sorry why are they silly? He explains the results of real scientific studies often double blind controlled studies. Why is that silly?

Have you actually watched any of them?

I think you just love meat and you have fitted the evidence to suit that preference.

Klang180

So as a policy on this forum you recommend low carb as a treatment for diabetes?

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Proof is in the pudding, just ask your meter! Maybe our ancestors were actually hunting lettuce with a spear.

Reactions: 2 people

Klang180

Proof is in the pudding, just ask your meter! Maybe our ancestors were actually hunting lettuce with a spear.
I don't really care what our ancestors were or weren't doing. They were trying to survive day to day we are trying to live long happy lives and we have modern science to help up determine what nutrition is best for us now.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
S

And so how do you explain the ever increasing rates of obesity, T2 diabetes, CHD and stroke?
That's easy: increased processed food/sugar in the diet, the official dietary guidelines of high carb/low fat, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle.

Reactions: 7 people

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i dont get this topic klang,,,,we all eat carbohidrates but eating less of them is good 4 our sugars as diabetics so why wud we eat more to treat us??? r u trying 2 make the nice ppl here angry 4 fun??

Reactions: 6 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Sorry why are they silly? He explains the results of real scientific studies often double blind controlled studies. Why is that silly?

Have you actually watched any of them?

I think you just love meat and you have fitted the evidence to suit that preference.
Yes, they are crammed full of cherry-picked references. I happen to know that there are plenty of studies that have different results than the ones he uses.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.